How we doing? Pretty quiet here

ismarketing

How we doing? Pretty quiet here
« on: 4 Sep 2014, 12:07 pm »
So - how did back to school go?

Seriously - not much Virtue chatter here lately.  How do people like their 3's?   How do people like their new battery packs (better/different from the 130w PSU)?

Somebody jump in and share some listening stories.

Thanks.

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
Re: How we doing? Pretty quiet here
« Reply #1 on: 4 Sep 2014, 06:48 pm »
Israel,

Thanks for posting!

There are tons of testimonials in my in-box but this bottle-washer is up to his ears in personal/day-job stuff so I'm not participating as much as I should.

I'd love to hear from customers though!

Seth

lucilius

« Reply #2 on: 5 Sep 2014, 06:35 am »
      Don't have the 3, but I thought I would pass on my recent experiences.  Last April I bought an Aric Audio 3.7 tube preamp.  I switched out the 12AU7's it came with for some RCA cleartops.  I hooked it up to my 1.2 powering an old pair of Sound Dynamics 300TI's.
      This may be the most musical system I've every had in my basement.  Everything (jazz and chamber music) is seductive.  Tonight it was two Christian McBride CD's and some Tartini sonatas.
      I have a lot of audio components and get the frequent itch to swap components.  This system has lasted since April with no itch.

James

Rocket

« Reply #3 on: 5 Sep 2014, 11:18 am »
Hi Guys,

I have the Virtue One.3 and have the 130 watt power supply and battery pack.  I'm waiting on my iPod to be refurbished by Red Wine Audio and I'll post my opinion.  I thought the One.3 sounded very good as long it is mated with speakers that aren't too inefficient as recommended by Virtue Audio.

I'll post my opinion of the 130 watt power supply and battery pack one I have the iMod back in my system.  I would like to buy another one sometime in the next 3 months.  A totally awesome little product imo.

Cheers Rod

Jalopoo

« Reply #4 on: 6 Sep 2014, 06:22 pm »
I've ordered the new battery back, will post a comparison when I receive it if it differs anything from the SLA kit. If it sounds the same it's great. Would like to get rid of the ugly SLA batteries standing on the floor in my living room :)

megabigeye

« Reply #5 on: 11 Sep 2014, 12:17 am »
I haven't made any recent purchases or upgrades lately, and I haven't got any exciting listening stories, but I am enjoying the [expletive omitted] out of my One.3 set-up.  Not that I get to do it nearly as much as I'd like; the girlfriend is always using it for TV (as she's doing to me just now).   One of my favorite things after a long day is to sit on my couch, drinking wine and listening to some jazz (tonight it was Sonny Rollins and then some Milt Jackson Quartet).  I should also mention that the subwoofer problems I was "experiencing" before are no more.

Rocket

« Reply #6 on: 26 Oct 2014, 10:33 am »
Hi Guys,

Well I have the iMod back in action and I've done some comparisons between the battery pack and PSU 130 Watt per supply.  I think they are about in the sound league afaik.  Both are really good and I get a really good sound quality using it through my Nuforce s9 speakers which are my backup  speakers. 

Definitely going to buy another Virtue one.3 in the coming months as a backup.  Simply superb for its price.  It would be great to have the option of replacing the virtucap with a auricap or similar.

Cheers Rod

Rocket

« Reply #7 on: 17 Mar 2015, 09:26 am »
Hi Guys,

I thought I'd bump this post back up to the post.  Just listening to my second hifi system and getting sensational sound.  Mating the Virtue One. 3 with a Red Wine Audio iMod and Nuforce s9 speakers and listening to music.  Absolutely sensational sound and show me that the iMod and Virtue Audio One.3 are a stellar combination.  The sound has definitely engaging and has some similarities as a tube system but with the best of ss.

I think I read a post that Seth only has a few One.3's left in stock before he is out of stock.

Cheers Rod