Just a little concern

bardamu

Just a little concern
« on: 8 Jul 2012, 05:03 pm »
Hello,
It feels like Virtue audio is not very vital. If there are no new products the forum appears to be almost dead. Messages getting read but no new ideas coming up. It is as shame.
Is everyone captured by marketing strategies. They try to make us buy 7.1 set ups which don't even have the possibility to properly connect all the speakers they want you to buy. Unless you have a proper home cinema room all these speakers can never be set up the way they should be. Just buy something new every 2 years and don't even try to make the stuff you own a little better by spending just a little money and a few hours.
While economies are going downhill there are just a few people willing to spend money on electronics.
Diy might be the way to go or just improving the virtue amp we already own.
The prtice of my second sensation coming from the usa was raised about 23% by all kind of taxes here. Chances are small that i will buy another if i can improve the one i have with just a few tricks for 100$
Waiting for some food for thought, Edward

roscoeiii

Re: Just a little concern
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jul 2012, 05:31 pm »
If you look at some of the other threads in the Virtue Circle, you will see that they do have products in the pipeline that the company is gearing up to roll out. I imagine someone from Virtue will certainly chime in here. Producing audio equipment is a bumpy road, with lots of twists and turns. Here's hoping Virtue navigates the road to producing top notch gear with aplomb.

bardamu

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jul 2012, 05:50 pm »
Hello,
Yes i did read about the new player making a tour amongst potential clients.
My next thing to buy will be some cables after i get an answer about reasonable transport cost to europe. It looks like the nirvana speaker cables are to thick to solder directly to the circuit so have to find some kind hardwire that can accept the complete bundle of copper strands on one side and offer one solid pin that can be soldered to the board or i will make the hardwire connection directly to the speaker crossover.
In the past people were not sure if the sensation amp would interfere with my plasma screen. Now it is about 2 feet under the screen with some components in between them. No inference.
Sincere greetings, Edward

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #3 on: 9 Jul 2012, 02:01 am »
Hello,
Yes i did read about the new player making a tour amongst potential clients.
My next thing to buy will be some cables after i get an answer about reasonable transport cost to europe. It looks like the nirvana speaker cables are to thick to solder directly to the circuit so have to find some kind hardwire that can accept the complete bundle of copper strands on one side and offer one solid pin that can be soldered to the board or i will make the hardwire connection directly to the speaker crossover.
In the past people were not sure if the sensation amp would interfere with my plasma screen. Now it is about 2 feet under the screen with some components in between them. No inference.
Sincere greetings, Edward

Edward

I am very good at taking care of our international customers.
email me and we'll chat
cables@virtueaudio.com

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #4 on: 9 Jul 2012, 07:19 am »
Guys,

I am flattered by the post since I know so many of you care about us and want us to continue and be successful.

There is plenty of blame to go around about the products we are not selling today... so goes life.  When you gamble and lose on multiple development cycles (for whatever reason) with expensive prototypes.. sh*t like this happens. 

If you're going to fail, it's advisable to fail fast.  We failed slow... I have ground down my teeth for years watching new model after new model fail.

What really sucks is that I can't just keep making the old amps the way we used to: Asian manufacturing and shipping costs are up over 100% since we began.  Without massive quantities, you can't get the "old" amps to market for what we were charging.  My competitors knew this long ago and it took me a while to "get it." 

Second guessing is reasonable and I did do some modest experimenting with price.  You know what?  Like me, the audiophiles who buy our stuff want a bargain.  They want a "virtuous" deal.  That's great!  And I'd rather sell nothing than fall down on that mission.  A modestly tweaked ONE.3 for $600 just doesn't do it for me so I'm not going to make it and try to sell it to you.

So... we've been working on a new line of products that will be competitive, can be made with a more predictable cost structure, and provide a more flexible platform for new products.  The product plan is now very clear and very baked.  They will retain most of what you love and give much more in other areas...  If they work.

So, yes, there's no way to spin this positively and I'm not going to try.  We have very few products on the shelf, substantial challenges with customer service (Cami is no longer with us), and generally low energy from me.  It sucks.  Like you, I miss the excitement of new products and great reviews. 

But life is full of ups and downs... for little companies like ours and big companies like Microsoft.   If you're RIM right now, you're telling everyone "wait... don't dump us... just wait for 10... it's going to be AMAZING!"  They have to say that because if they don't, anyone owning the stock is toast.  With Virtue, the buck stops with me and I'd rather be the guy who had nothing to sell than the guy who broke the virtue promise.  Plenty of "legendary" companies were and are financial catastrophes. 

In summary, we'll relaunch in October and hopefully my persistence will be validated.  If I didn't anticipate doing that, we'd shut down - that's the easiest possible thing I could do.

In other news -- my friends -- how about that new Spiderman movie!  May stories about the triumph of good over evil, determination over resignation, and love over hate, continue to inspire our youth!

Seth

Rocket

« Reply #5 on: 9 Jul 2012, 07:35 am »
Hi Seth,

When you relaunch Virtue in October will you be offering the Sensation integrated amplifier or will you have a new product to replace it?

Cheers Rod

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #6 on: 9 Jul 2012, 07:54 am »
Hey Rod,

All the new models are built on the small ONE/TWO platform. 

That platform allows us to offer more models at an affordable price point and also extends the size to power value proposition.

None of the new products will have the the exact same sonic signature as Sensation and the next Sensation sized product will be more expensive and not available for at least 1 year.

I can't answer questions about better/worse since the last prototypes (May) had issues that prevented full sonic auditioning.

Seth

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #7 on: 9 Jul 2012, 02:01 pm »
In my younger days I knew this Jamaican "businessman" (in a  whole other line of business :wink:)  who had this view of only selling quality product at a good price  "I prefer having people knocking at the door and no product to sell to having product to sell and no one knocking at the door"...

ltr317

« Reply #8 on: 9 Jul 2012, 04:19 pm »
Seth makes excellent audio components at real world affordable prices.  It's a testament to his character that no new products will be rolled out unless it's a hundred percent ready, unlike some other companies. 

You will be happy to note that I used the pre-amp section of my Sensation M451 integrated amplifier as a reference for my recent review of the Silverline Minuet Supreme Plus mini-monitor speakers.

Good luck with Virtue's fall lineup introduction. 

Paul

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
« Reply #9 on: 9 Jul 2012, 05:07 pm »
Seth makes excellent audio components at real world affordable prices.  It's a testament to his character that no new products will be rolled out unless it's a hundred percent ready, unlike some other companies. 

You will be happy to note that I used the pre-amp section of my Sensation M451 integrated amplifier as a reference for my recent review of the Silverline Minuet Supreme Plus mini-monitor speakers.

Good luck with Virtue's fall lineup introduction. 

Paul

X2, Virtue Audio deserve to do well, as noted above, there is better Sensation to come, and the Piano M2 sees the light of day l for one will be putting an order in, as l have said before the VFM of Virtue is through the roof, and good things come to those who wait. :thumb:

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
« Reply #10 on: 9 Jul 2012, 05:10 pm »
Oops nearly forgot any details on this bigger/better Sensation Seth?

ismarketing

« Reply #11 on: 9 Jul 2012, 06:46 pm »
Hey Paul,

Where can we read your review of the Minuet's?  I have a pair and love them.

Thanks

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #12 on: 9 Jul 2012, 09:47 pm »
Hey Paul,

Thanks man! 

Seth

fritzspeakers

• Industry Participant
  • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
    • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
« Reply #13 on: 9 Jul 2012, 09:56 pm »
Hey Paul,

Where can we read your review of the Minuet's?  I have a pair and love them.

Thanks

http://stereotimes.com/

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #14 on: 9 Jul 2012, 10:00 pm »
I love my Fritz Speakers too!

passingthrough

• "An audiophile and his money are soon parted."
« Reply #15 on: 13 Jul 2012, 06:03 pm »
Seth, it seems you have left us an interesting clue...

They will retain most of what you love and give much more in other areas...  If they work.

This suggests the new ONE/TWO platform amp will be markedly different or novel in some way.  Very intrigued by this and can't wait to see what you've cooked up.  Also, I really hope the new business model works out well for you.

I already have a Sensation, an original One, and a One.2, but I'm sure I can find a room in my house that still needs a Virtue amp. 

Xcalibur

« Reply #16 on: 28 Jul 2012, 11:48 pm »
It seems like the chassis has been a difficult giving point.  On one hand it doesn't impact sonics which is why people make amps in the first place, but on the other hand there is a clear emotional connecting to the amp itself and how it looks/feels/works that people will associate in their heads.  Plus it sets Virtue apart from a lot of people who all sell the same looking boxes.

Perhaps a middle of the road approach would help?  There must be ways to take cost out of the whole thing without giving up finishes or little touches that help make the amps what they are.  I would gladly own a Sensation with a simpler/more cost effective enclosure as long as some thought still went into the shape and style choices.  So long as the intentions remain clear all the way through the final product will connect with the people it was meant to.

At any rate my best wishes to everybody at Virtue.  I was proud to be one of the first customers here and still am, I want to see you guys blowing mind with your tiny amps for years to come.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #17 on: 29 Jul 2012, 12:06 am »
A couple of months back, my Piano started acting up. The turnaround from out of my door and back to my door was about a week.  Simply incredibly fast service.  With customer support like that, any product that Virtue Audio puts out will definitely be on my radar. 
Scott

Rocket

« Reply #18 on: 29 Jul 2012, 01:38 am »
Hi Seth,

I'll keep my eye on your products when you relaunch Virtue in October.  Good luck with your endeavours.

Cheers Rod

doorman

« Reply #19 on: 29 Jul 2012, 04:14 am »
Yes, trusting your journey is productive, whatever the future of Virtue Audio.
As an early buyer of a V-1, my experience with VA has been entirely positive.
Best of Luck
don