Changes

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Re: Changes
« Reply #20 on: 27 Jul 2012, 01:33 pm »
Well, I can't say I'm sorry to hear about your change in direction as you are going after another dream. I understand a lot of people will be sad to hear of this news as you have developed an exceptional reputation over the years.

Good luck on your new venture Wayne.

Wayne1

« Reply #21 on: 27 Jul 2012, 02:26 pm »
Thank you ALL for the kind comments and well wishes.

I am not going away quite yet. No brewing in So Dakota can start until the system shows up. Right now we are in the design phase of the brewery layout. Then the gear has to be ordered. Everything is built to order and takes about 6 months (sound familiar? ) Then the gear has to be installed and all the little kinks worked out. Then test brews, THEN maybe actual production can start. I am guessing 8 months from the time the order is placed to actually serving beer.

In the meantime, I will be in Colorado working with the vendors and fine tuning the recipes on my 10 gallon pilot brewery.

If anyone wants any mods done, please contact me through E-mail. I do still have everything on hand to mod the Touch. I can order in parts for power supplies and DAC mods. If needed, I can also assemble chassis and boards for Hypex amps.

This post is meant as a heads up. I will be slowly phasing out of the mod business but it will be about 6 months before the brewery project really heats up to the point I won't be able to do any other work.

If you are thinking about mods, now is the time to please get in touch with me to see if I can schedule them in.

The brewery in So Dakota plans to only offer the beers on site. There are no plans for bottles or cans at this time. The owners do have a great expansion plan in place and perhaps in 2-3 years there might be some distribution in their region. In between, you will have to visit the Mt. Rushmore area next summer to try the brews.

Thanks again for all the kind thoughts and words.

Nick77

« Reply #22 on: 27 Jul 2012, 02:36 pm »
Sounds like your gonna need some help with those 10 gallon sample batches.  :lol:

Best of luck......

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #23 on: 27 Jul 2012, 02:48 pm »
Then I will still see you at RMAF this year.  I want to taste some of your experiments.

One of the local restaurant/micro brewery has a growler program.  Customers can fill(buy) a growler of their favorite brew and take it home.  None of their stuff is bottled.  Something to think about.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #24 on: 27 Jul 2012, 03:08 pm »
Wayne,
As Rim, George and others have already said...good luck with the new venture.  Yes, life is too short not to do it.  wW are losing an AC veteran and great audio guy, but gaining a new brewery friend.  :)  I hope to see you at RMAF and taste (again) that great brew.  Gotta get the kids (grown up now and brewery age) to Mt Rushmore I guess. 

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #25 on: 28 Jul 2012, 07:47 pm »
Congratulations, Wayne!  :thumb:

I hope to see you back some day, saying "So I was tweaking some ale, when I suddenly realized that if..."  :lol:
Best wishes for the future, and thanks for the past.  :beer:

Have fun,

Jerry

Jay S

« Reply #26 on: 1 Aug 2012, 11:46 am »
Wayne,

Wow this is big news and does mark the end of an important era on AC (which had its origins on HD!). I don't think I can do much more than echo all that has already been said, but let me reiterate anyway that you have always been a gentleman and made first class products.  I know that a big part of my enjoyment of the audio journey has been a result of your DACS and cables and being able to learn from you and shoot the breeze.

I'm sure that this new brewery is very lucky to have someone with your expertise, passion and integrity. Though I'm not much of a beer connoisseur, I hope to try some of your brew in the future.

Here's a toast to an exciting new chapter in your life, and also of your son and daughter!

Cheers,

Jay

gbeard

• Contributing writer--Positive Feedback
« Reply #27 on: 1 Aug 2012, 04:53 pm »
Cheers Wayne!

Good luck.

Pez

« Reply #28 on: 1 Aug 2012, 05:20 pm »
Wayne,
You are the reason I got into DIY period. Your products and mods were always underrated to the point of absurdity. It sucks that I haven't been on much and the first thing I see when logging on is that you are cutting back da biz.  :(

I guess I'll be calling you sooner than later for stuff I'll need for my new audio room construction.  :duh: :thumb:

nature boy

« Reply #29 on: 1 Aug 2012, 05:23 pm »
Wayne,

Thank you for participating and sharing with the AC community.  It was a pleasure meeting you, Tyson, and other "DAM" members in Denver several years ago.  Your passion and commitment to craft brewing and audio will serve you well, best wishes on your re-emersion into the former.

Folks like you, Bill Baker, Lou Hinkley, Danny Ritchie, etc. have made my audio experience richer and more enjoyable.   Wishing you and your family all the best. Enjoy your empty-nesting, my wife and I are having a blast now that the kids are out of the house.

Warmest Regards,

Roger
aka nature boy

pardales

« Reply #30 on: 1 Aug 2012, 06:36 pm »
Best of luck to you!  :D

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #31 on: 1 Aug 2012, 06:56 pm »
Best wishes on your new endeavor Wayne. Hope all goes well for you.  If you ever need anything, all you gotta do is ask.

Bryan

InfernoSTi

« Reply #32 on: 2 Aug 2012, 01:12 am »
Wayne,

I wanted to join the many voices saying "thank you" for what you have brought to the contemporary audiophile enthusiast. 

My entire front end is "Bolder Cable Co Modified" (SB Touch digital w/Music Rail, Power Supply, and Eastern Electric DAC).  You provided me with both outstanding customer service as well as solid advice.  My system is truly a joy to listen to thanks to your efforts.

Thank you...

John

pansixt

« Reply #33 on: 2 Aug 2012, 02:44 am »
w,
I hope you got the Jerome PS.

I remember leaving Colorado for a new chapter of my life. It was a scary step, to follow another idea, to another place. For me, it was Oregon, with the old woman and the kids and the dogs.

Hanging out with those folks at the Rogue Brewery was awesome

The rest of of it didn't pan out at that time, but I am so much better for it.

Who wouldn't want someone from Colorado to assist in their brew.
More micro-breweries in CO than any other state. Hey my growler would be filled at Wynkoops (Denver) or Phantom Canyon (COS).

Hope to see you again somewhere Bro.
Thanks for all you give us,
James

« Last Edit: 2 Aug 2012, 04:28 am by pansixt »

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #34 on: 17 Aug 2012, 10:23 pm »
A shocker indeed.
I'm sad and happy at the same time Wayne. "Sad" because the industry is loosing a valuable asset, but happy since you're re-entering a former part of your life.

Since she's a "local" now, give Miss K my number if has a car need.

Bob

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #35 on: 2 Sep 2012, 12:40 am »
Thought this would interest you Wayne.... :wink:

The White House Beer Recipe...  :beer: (watch video)

Syrah

« Reply #36 on: 3 Sep 2012, 02:13 am »
Wayne,

If your beer is as good as your mods, I really look forward to trying your beer.

Thanks.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #37 on: 4 Sep 2012, 02:04 am »
Wayne! Your DIY advice is so deeply appreciated. And thank you for my SB3 digital enthusiast and Touch mods. They were both enthralling. I wish you the best of luck in your brewing adventures and sometimes change is good. And when you're back, give us a shout!

Best,
Anand.

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #38 on: 7 Sep 2012, 03:34 pm »
The very best of wishes to you and your family Wayne.  You have always done a great job and you were easy to talk with when a challenge arrived.  Please keep us up to date with your new chapter.
All the best,
Guy

pjchappy

« Reply #39 on: 7 Sep 2012, 04:12 pm »
Best wishes, Wayne!  Thanks for your help over the years.

Paul