BePure 2's in Pepperwood Burl

jsalk

BePure 2's in Pepperwood Burl
« on: 19 Jul 2023, 07:33 pm »
Bob wanted a pair of BePure 2's in pepperwood burl.

Here are some pictures...

And a close-up...

Happy listening Bob!

- Jim

dpatters

Re: BePure 2's in Pepperwood Burl
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2023, 08:30 pm »
That’s an awesome finish!

Don P

Mudslide

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jul 2023, 09:03 pm »
Those are awesome, Jim. 

I think I just drooled on myself.   :oops:

barnestn

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2023, 10:59 pm »
Just delivered earlier today and we couldn't be more pleased-- absolutely gorgeous.  As usual, Jim and his team have produced a beautiful piece of work that is simply amazing.  This comes as no surprise to us as this is our 3rd set of loudspeakers from Salk Sound and each one has been representative of Jim's well deserved reputation and numerous accolades.  Now, we have to wait on some custom cabinetry that is being built, and finalize our search for new electronics that are worthy of being matched to the BePure2s.  We extend a big thank you to Jim and his team for such an outstanding product.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jul 2023, 03:12 am »
Just delivered earlier today and we couldn't be more pleased-- absolutely gorgeous.  As usual, Jim and his team have produced a beautiful piece of work that is simply amazing.  This comes as no surprise to us as this is our 3rd set of loudspeakers from Salk Sound and each one has been representative of Jim's well deserved reputation and numerous accolades.  Now, we have to wait on some custom cabinetry that is being built, and finalize our search for new electronics that are worthy of being matched to the BePure2s.  We extend a big thank you to Jim and his team for such an outstanding product.

That speaker is beautiful. I'm sure they will sound as good as they look  :thumb:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jul 2023, 03:38 am »
Those are awesome, Jim. 

I think I just drooled on myself.   :oops:

You're not alone!

DFpritchard

« Reply #6 on: 29 Jul 2023, 02:24 pm »
Two driving principles for Jim's speakers: 1. They look great! and; 2. They sound better than they look!  That will be hard to achieve with this pair in pepperwood burl but still feels like a safe bet.

As to choice of electronics, take a look at TKonrad.NOLA post of May 12, "BePure2 + Tubes = Heaven"  Food for thought there.  I suspect that any high quality amplifier will make the BePure2s sing.  These speakers are that good. 

Enjoy the music!

barnestn

« Reply #7 on: 29 Jul 2023, 08:38 pm »
Thanks for the input and I have read (several times) the thread you mentioned.  In my mind, I go back and forth between tubes and quality SS.  I have used both in the past and I agree that either, properly designed, should fit the bill.  A lot of good choices to be sure. The easiest purchase decision was the loudspeakers.

Rocket

« Reply #8 on: 31 Jul 2023, 12:56 pm »
Hi,

Jim uses Mc Gary Audio products so you might want to check them out.  Frank from AVA used to sell the Ultravalve which was highly rated but doesn't appear to be building them at the moment.

I also have a pair of Bepure 2's but I use all solid state.

Cheers Rod

Phil A

« Reply #9 on: 31 Jul 2023, 04:09 pm »
Absolutely gorgeous speakers!

lewdogg

« Reply #10 on: 1 Aug 2023, 08:16 pm »
DOOOOPE!

Rshorb

« Reply #11 on: 1 Aug 2023, 08:34 pm »
I’ve used my McGary SA-1 and SA-2 both sounded amazing. I’ve also used Schiit audio Ageirs on them as well as the TYR’s. The SA-1 with JJ KT88’s were my favorite.

twitch54

« Reply #12 on: 1 Aug 2023, 09:05 pm »
Stunning good looks !!!