Audiolense experiences

NoahH

Audiolense experiences
« on: 30 May 2022, 05:54 pm »
Has anyone worked with Audiolense software? I want to free myself from MiniDSP but like the impulse response correction of DIRAC and am wondering how this solution has worked for others.

TomS

Re: Audiolense experiences
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2022, 06:37 pm »
jtwrace has an entire JBL M2 setup with 4 individually driven subs, 8 channel DAC.

firedog

« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2022, 02:46 pm »
Has anyone worked with Audiolense software? I want to free myself from MiniDSP but like the impulse response correction of DIRAC and am wondering how this solution has worked for others.

I'm using it. Works fine. It's pretty easy to use and setup compared to some other DRC software. If I remember correctly, the advanced version also corrects timing. The cheaper, more basic version doesn't.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 1 Jun 2022, 02:22 pm »
As mentioned above, I am using it and it's literally the best thing I've ever done in my system second to a real waveguide speaker (CD).  That being said, if you're one to chase cables, caps and all that crap; this is likely not for you.  If you chase that stuff and realize that you want science and to stop wasting your money, then this is for you!

Rather than regurgitate what I've already said about it, start with this post and read from there. 

NoahH

« Reply #4 on: 1 Jun 2022, 04:24 pm »
As mentioned above, I am using it and it's literally the best thing I've ever done in my system second to a real waveguide speaker (CD).  That being said, if you're one to chase cables, caps and all that crap; this is likely not for you.  If you chase that stuff and realize that you want science and to stop wasting your money, then this is for you!

Rather than regurgitate what I've already said about it, start with this post and read from there.
I scanned through that yesterday a bit. Have you done Dirac as well? Any comments on the comparison?

Transparently, I do believe in that other stuff but that does not mean I don't believe in DSP. I have been using Dirac via MiniDSP for nearly a year, and have found that it improves one if my weaker systems substantially, but degrades my best system. However, I think that is potentially due to the DAC portion of the MiniDSP being weak, and the system in question being damn close to flat naturally. I am interested in Audiolense as I could use it's filters in Roon, still get impulse response correction, and be able to use a DAC of my choice.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 1 Jun 2022, 04:30 pm »
Dirac isn't in the same league as AL.