Anywhere to download MQA?

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
Anywhere to download MQA?
« on: 22 Aug 2020, 11:19 pm »
1) Anywhere to download MQA that you paid for for album, not subscription?
2)  s there a cheaper source of Japanese SACDs than Discogs and some lucky finds on eBay?

TIA

Craig B

Re: Anywhere to download MQA?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Aug 2020, 01:25 pm »
I have no idea about your first question.

For the second, I've never seen one source that has consistently cheap prices on SACDs across the board. If such a place exists, they're staying carefully hidden. The best I can do is watch for sales and clearances at places like Music Direct, Acoustic Sounds and Elusive Disc, and if you're into classical in particular, you can often get great deals on sales discs at Archiv Music and Presto Music.

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2020, 06:23 pm »
Thanks!

RDavidson

« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2020, 10:08 pm »
I thought MQA was basically made for streaming. It is a compression technology that allows high resolution audio data to be more quickly/easily passed via Ethernet, WiFi, or perhaps even via cellular connection. I don't think it is intended to be a downloaded format. Since disc space is cheap, it'd be better to just download the high-resolution files (not the MQA compressed files) to your server, especially since normal high resolution files don't require an MQA licenced DAC.

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
« Reply #4 on: 26 Sep 2020, 11:56 pm »
I thought MQA was basically made for streaming. It is a compression technology that allows high resolution audio data to be more quickly/easily passed via Ethernet, WiFi, or perhaps even via cellular connection. I don't think it is intended to be a downloaded format. Since disc space is cheap, it'd be better to just download the high-resolution files (not the MQA compressed files) to your server, especially since normal high resolution files don't require an MQA licenced DAC.

Good point.  It would be nice to have some downloadable content however.  Sorry for the late reply! :)

Escott1377

« Reply #5 on: 27 Sep 2020, 12:20 pm »
Prostudiomasters.com offers some of its library in MQA.  I agree with the hi rez originals for your disk space.  Good luck!

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
« Reply #6 on: 27 Sep 2020, 01:16 pm »
Prostudiomasters.com offers some of its library in MQA.  I agree with the hi rez originals for your disk space.  Good luck!

Thanks!  I"ll take a look.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #7 on: 27 Sep 2020, 10:36 pm »
Regarding point #2 and cheaper prices on SACD’s. Keep an eye out in the Classified sections of several Audio Forums. SHTV comes to mind first. (For used SACD’s etc.)