DVR security system

santacore

DVR security system
« on: 1 Feb 2013, 06:21 pm »
Does anyone have experience with a DVR camera system? Recommendations on specific systems and/or tips would be appreciated.

John

electricbear

Re: DVR security system
« Reply #1 on: 1 Feb 2013, 07:10 pm »
Swann make good packages. For a 4 camera package with dvr look at the Swann 425504-S. Available on amazon for $321.54.
Swann have some of the best customer support. The package comes with all the neccessary cables. The dvr can be connected to a tv and to your network. Use a static ip address and you will be able to view the cameras thru your smartphone, ipad or computer. They also do 8 camera systems if you need more cameras. We install a lot of these systems and they hold up well.

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 1 Feb 2013, 08:16 pm »
I'll know a bit more later in the year.  Have a house going up with pre-wired cameras (and everything is being prewired so that power supply for the multiple cameras is in one place inside the house vs. plugging the camera in -  what I do that now in the current house for a single camera facing the front door and window where it is plugged into an outlet I put in the garage attic) going in but it probably will be a bit before I get the actual hardware.  I did have a conversation with the owner of the company which subcontracted for the low voltage wiring.  He did note that I'd want something compatible with Data Watch, which is apparently an App you can get for your iPhone or smart phone to let you observe from anywhere.  There may we similar apps and as noted in the prior post, connected to your network is desirable.

electricbear

« Reply #3 on: 1 Feb 2013, 09:46 pm »
The Swann operates and wires exactly as Phil A says