Any LRS owners using aftermarket stands?

Saturn94

Any LRS owners using aftermarket stands?
« on: 28 Nov 2019, 02:58 am »
I’m curious if any Maggie LRS owners are using aftermarket stands.  Are they worth it?

Thanks. :)

juszat

Re: Any LRS owners using aftermarket stands?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Nov 2019, 03:33 am »
I ordered a Magna Riser stand from Rob Roush in Cleveland . He makes stands specifically designed for the different models of Magnepans . He has the LRS speaker in his house while he designs and tweaks the stands . Since i live in Cleveland  he came to my house ( actually yesterday( to install it . He is also a serious audiophile who is a magnepan fan . I met him the first time yesterday . We installed the stand and we listened to music for a few hours . He tweaked my speaker position . What i clearly noted is the change of the bass presentation . I think it became even more realistic and more palpable . The stands are very well made powder coated steel stands . Elevates the bottom of the speakers by about 2 inch from the floor . I think it makes the speakers very stable and elegant .  He is a very nice gentleman who is passionate about his work and wants the customer satisfied . Easy to talk to and honest . The price is reasonable . Worth it ? I think it is .

juszat

« Reply #2 on: 28 Nov 2019, 07:13 pm »

mr_bill

« Reply #3 on: 28 Nov 2019, 08:00 pm »
Those are nice!
Can you add a picture of the whole setup?

Wind Chaser

« Reply #4 on: 28 Nov 2019, 08:07 pm »
And how much do they actually cost?

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #5 on: 28 Nov 2019, 08:24 pm »
How high up the back do they go?

juszat

« Reply #6 on: 29 Nov 2019, 07:20 pm »
My stand is part of a slim line of stands . It is 189 $ . It is a T shaped  stand . And it attaches to the premade screwholes just like the factory stand . It does not have a crossbracket because Robert testeded and it led to unvanted vibrations .

juszat

« Reply #7 on: 29 Nov 2019, 07:23 pm »

Saturn94

« Reply #8 on: 29 Nov 2019, 07:59 pm »
Juszat,  thanks for the info and all the pics!  :thumb:

Don_S

« Reply #9 on: 29 Nov 2019, 08:15 pm »
Juszat, Very nice setup. What is the brand of the black panels in the corners?

mr_bill

« Reply #10 on: 29 Nov 2019, 09:17 pm »
That’s a nice size with stands. Thanks for sending.
What amps are you using?

juszat

« Reply #11 on: 29 Nov 2019, 10:54 pm »
The corner panels are corner bass traps with a diffusion panel on the front . They are from GIK acoustic . I put the panels for more for the diffusion than absorption and when i measured it with REW the room acoustics turned out to be real  nice .
The amps are the ps audio stellar 700 mono amplifiers .

juszat

« Reply #12 on: 29 Nov 2019, 10:57 pm »
The website for the stands is www.magnarisers.com

Saturn94

« Reply #13 on: 30 Nov 2019, 01:39 am »
I like the look of the Magna Riser Airborne model.  I do have a concern about how far out the front feet project from the front of the speaker.  To get my LRS 3ft into the room, it puts them real close to where one walks in and out of the area.  I’m concerned it might be a tripping hazzard?  I’ll have to ask the manufacturer how far out the feet protrude.

Mye Sound LRS stand doesn’t have any feet protruding out.  But it doesn’t raise the panel (it also tilts the LRS back 6°; same angle as the factory stands with the little stand flippers down).

The Sound Anchor stand allows height adjustment, but looking at the pics they aren’t very attractive.

What exactly is raising the speaker off the floor suppose to do?

It looks like Magna Riser is the only one with a return policy (would be out return shipping....no clue what that would be).
« Last Edit: 1 Dec 2019, 03:06 am by Saturn94 »

gstitt

« Reply #14 on: 30 Nov 2019, 02:10 pm »
I like the look of the Magnariser Airborne model.  I do have a concern about how far out the front feet project from the front of the speaker.  To get my LRS 3ft into the room, it puts them real close to where one walks in and out of the area.  I’m concerned it might be a tripping hazzard?  I’ll have to ask the manufacturer how far out the feet protrude.

Mye Sound LRS stand doesn’t have any feet protruding out.  But it doesn’t raise the panel (it also tilts the LRS back 6°; same angle as the factory stands with the little stand flippers down).

The Sound Anchor stand allows height adjustment, but looking at the pics they aren’t very attractive.

What exactly is raising the speaker off the floor suppose to do?

It looks like Magnastand is the only one with a return policy (would be out return shipping....no clue what that would be).

I asked Rob about the front extension of the feet for the Magnepan .7 speakers, and he indicated that it is approximately 7.5 inches. Not sure how that compares to the LRS stand.

juszat

« Reply #15 on: 30 Nov 2019, 04:43 pm »
The front of the stand is 6.5" s from the front plane of the speaker on the LRS

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #16 on: 30 Nov 2019, 06:09 pm »
  Hey Man nice set up for that room size. Well done, enjoy !

charles

Saturn94

« Reply #17 on: 1 Dec 2019, 12:25 am »
I asked Rob about the front extension of the feet for the Magnepan .7 speakers, and he indicated that it is approximately 7.5 inches. Not sure how that compares to the LRS stand.

The front of the stand is 6.5" s from the front plane of the speaker on the LRS

Thanks. :)

Here’s a pic showing what I’m talking about.  If I had a dedicated room or it was just me, I could probably deal with protruding feet.

juszat

« Reply #18 on: 1 Dec 2019, 01:14 am »
I think people would get used to the custom stands . With the speaker standing straight you could move it back a few inches and still be away from the back wall far enough . I can testify that the stands i ordered are very sturdy and they support the LRS well . They are not prone to tilting over etc .

juszat

« Reply #19 on: 1 Dec 2019, 01:27 am »
It is a tweak so the change of the performnce of the spekers are not dramatic . A small chhange in the bass clarity . And a small increase of the soundstage height . Rob claims no more no less . However he also supplies a crygenicaly treated cable connecting the tweeter part of the panel to the woofer which is superior to the one provided by magnepan .  I assume that there is only so much Magnepan can do and sell the speaker at this price .