Kitchen Remodel

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: Kitchen Remodel
« Reply #20 on: 16 Nov 2019, 12:22 pm »
Nice prep kitchen.  Where's the pantry, dishwasher, and clean up areas in an 800 sf house?  Looks like a commercial refrigerator/freezer in the window beyond.  Your house must be a kitchen with studio apartment on the side. 

Like the compact layout, the stand mixer, hand wash sink, recessed handles, and the stainless steel single basin sink with spring hose/faucet.  Hope that spring loaded coffee shelf holds up.  Also like that you avoided corner cabinets, wife wanted a U-shaped kitchen.  We have a 2ft x 4ft full height pantry cabinet and our designer suggested putting the cookie sheets in the top section, stacked vertically - works great.  We share several kitchen features. 

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
« Reply #21 on: 16 Nov 2019, 12:31 pm »
Pantry in various cabinets. The dishwasher is me. Next to the commercial freezer is the Duke convection oven on the covered deck. The rest of the house consists of a bathroom, bedroom, and living/listening room. It's very cozy!

Edit: I wanted recessed pulls for a cleaner look and nothing to stick out and catch. There are a lot less of them than the alternative. I finally found what I was looking for from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Sehrgut-Flush-Rectangular-Satin-Brushed-Sharp/dp/B077CWNL8F/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1536618413&sr=8-1&keywords=sehrgut&th=1

All the cabinet and drawer hardware is Blum soft close.

Another Edit: That's not a hand wash sink. It's a filtered water sink for use as drinking, cooking, and baking water. Even though the local water supply is excellent, I have a friend who works for the Health Dept. who told me that sometimes birds fly into the building that houses the water filtration equipment.  :slap:
« Last Edit: 16 Nov 2019, 04:02 pm by konut »

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #22 on: 16 Nov 2019, 03:49 pm »
JLM, I doubt that the mixer lift shelf will give trouble. Rev-A-Shelf has been building these at least since I started in the  cabinet business in 1974. The only change, as far as I know, is the damping option to take the SNAP out of the mechanism. FWIW, I've never seen a broken one.

Konut, I applaud you for fitting the space to you rather than the norm, which is adapting to existing space.

Samac

« Reply #23 on: 16 Nov 2019, 04:11 pm »
“After working for 30 years on hard bakery/kitchen floors, I wanted something with a little 'give' to it. It does just that. here's the link to the product.”

https://www.cancork.com/store/luxury-vinyl-plank-teak/
[/quote]

Thanks for the link, konut

Cheers,

Scott

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
« Reply #24 on: 16 Nov 2019, 04:41 pm »
Your welcome! I went with the 1/8 " cork underlayment from Home Depot. 1/4 " is also available.