36 Corvettes, Hidden for Years in a Garage, Will Be Given Away

WGH

I think a '77 Vette would look cool parked next to my '77 Jeep Wagoneer. For only $3 maybe I'll win.

36 Corvettes, Hidden for Years in a Garage, Will Be Given Away

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/23/business/peter-max-corvettes-contest.html

"The set of ’Vettes, one from each production year between 1953 and 1989, will be part of a sweepstakes drawing next year.

"The ’56 starred in “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee,” with Jerry Seinfeld and Jimmy Fallon in supporting roles. The ’89 is so ’80s — it has one of those early digital dashboards, with a big-digit speedometer, that were panned by aficionados. The ’53, one of only 100 or so that still exist, has been through a 4,000-hour restoration.

"They are Chevrolet Corvettes from a legendary collection: 36 ’Vettes, one from each production year between 1953, when the car made its debut, and 1989. For more than 25 years, they have languished in one New York City parking garage or another.

“The cool thing about these cars is the entire collection stayed together all this time,” said Chris Mazzilli, a longtime Corvette enthusiast who is also an owner of the Gotham Comedy Club in Manhattan. He called the cars “the largest Corvette barn-find in history.”

"In 2020, they will be given away in a contest. It will be the second time they have served as contest prizes, but this time, the collection will be broken up. There will be 36 winners, not just one."