Speaker design software and measuring systems for sale

Mike Dzurko

I have a MLSSA full system including manuals software and board, originally $3000 + $800 upgrade. Can supply more details to someone seriously interested. This is THE premier measurement system for PCs.   Looking for offers, check out http://www.mlssa.com/

Also have a full package LEAP 5.1 modeling software including Enclosure Shop and Crossover Shop. This is virtually unused and complete, was $1495 new, looking for offers.

http://www.linearx.com/

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: Speaker design software and measuring systems for sale
« Reply #1 on: 7 Dec 2009, 03:21 pm »
Would there be a way to get one of those measuring systems to a local high school physics program?  I would love to see another speaker building competition like ours take root.... hmmm... perhaps organized by someone with a background in speaker design? Hmmmm, maybe someone with a background in education?  .....Hmmmm...   :thumb:

Scott

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #2 on: 7 Dec 2009, 04:17 pm »
Scott:

You have a good idea. However, both these systems are pro-grade and have a bit of a learning curve. In fact, when I looked at this version of LEAP, I decided I didn't have time myself to really learn it the way I'd want to. It's been sitting unused for about two years. Decided I'd just keep using my older DOS version that I am used to. Planned to eventually invest the time to learn it, but now that isn't needed.

Spending my days at Elementary level would make it logistically tough to do anything curriculum wise at the High School level. It would probably have to be some sort of club activity offered after school hours. I think I'd actually prefer to use some sort of easier, least costly shareware or freeware programs at that level.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #3 on: 7 Dec 2009, 08:35 pm »
For years we used BassBox Pro and Crossover Pro by Harris technology.  It's pretty easy on its basic levels, but you couldn't predict what would happen with phase interaction. But still, it usually worked pretty well on two way systems.  Danny would have to help with suggestions for crossover mods after using his Clio unit.  Now that we have our own Clio, the kids make their own adjustments and see the results.  Even our three way attempts have been working pretty decently- usually +/- 3 dB.

If you pursue a club, I'd still contact the physics teachers and ask them to offer the kids extra credit for a completed and tested project.  I have found that most are willing to do so.  If I can help or answer questions about what we have done, I'd be happy to share my experiences.  My ph. is 325 572 3053

Scott

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2010, 04:44 pm »
LEAP system has been sold  :D