M5 Sapphire - All new M design introduction

jazzman463

Re: M5 Sapphire - All new M design introduction
« Reply #120 on: 15 Oct 2019, 12:06 pm »
Wow, what is your location ? I have not received a shipping order as of yet. The Rogue should be a great match. My room is 12.5 X 13.5 and using a Manley Stingray . Happy listening !
Mike

PS

« Reply #121 on: 20 Oct 2019, 07:39 pm »
@jazzman463

Very eager to learn how your new Spatials sound.  My listening room is about the size of yours and I'm strongly considering ordering a pair of the M5 Sapphires.  I've got a choice of good ss or tube electronics to power them.
Hope you love 'em!

Spatial Audio

« Reply #122 on: 20 Oct 2019, 09:49 pm »
M Sapphire Series production now running smoothly - Friday's group heading into QC.

Clayton

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #123 on: 20 Oct 2019, 10:38 pm »
M Sapphire Series production now running smoothly - Friday's group heading into QC.

Clayton

Looking good!  Glad to hear things are going smoothly (:

jazzman463

« Reply #124 on: 21 Oct 2019, 11:39 am »
Ya hoo !

Downtheline

« Reply #125 on: 22 Oct 2019, 05:01 am »
Are those the first of the walnut finish we have seen? They look great! Would love to see better pictures, and to see the maple ones also.

Superflam

« Reply #126 on: 24 Oct 2019, 05:33 pm »
Anyone have the M3 or M5 in their listening rooms yet and can offer up a perspective on these speakers?

I've had the M5 for a few days now. My initial feedback is that the low end is the best part of what I'm hearing so far. I'm wanting more presence and weight from the mids. The highs are non-fatiguing. For comparison though I find my Kef R11's to be a tad more resolving with greater air and detail.

I spoke to Clayton this morning. He said that all of these aspects will improve with break-in. The M5's only have about 20 hours on them so far.

I'd be interested to hear from other Spatial owners as to their experience with speaker break-in and what improvements they experienced over time.

Cheers,
Joe

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #127 on: 24 Oct 2019, 06:07 pm »
I've had the M5 for a few days now. My initial feedback is that the low end is the best part of what I'm hearing so far. I'm wanting more presence and weight from the mids. The highs are non-fatiguing. For comparison though I find my Kef R11's to be a tad more resolving with greater air and detail.

I spoke to Clayton this morning. He said that all of these aspects will improve with break-in. The M5's only have about 20 hours on them so far.

I'd be interested to hear from other Spatial owners as to their experience with speaker break-in and what improvements they experienced over time.

Cheers,
Joe

I can tell you that with my M3 Triode Masters initially the midrange sounded like it was coming directly out of the speakers.  Attention was drawn directly to each of the drivers which is exactly what I do not like.  However after about 60 hours the sound completely detached from the speakers and I got the imaging the Spatials are known for.  In general I have noticed when speakers break in they start like a photograph of a celebrity that has been airbrushed.  As the speaker breaks in it is like the airbrushing melts away and the detail is revealed warts and all at least to the extent that they can deliver detail.

The M5 are a much different design and I am sure their break-in process will be different.  That said I am pretty sure that you have not heard what they are capable of yet.  My M3s are supposed to ship this Friday.  Will post my experience through the break in period.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #128 on: 25 Oct 2019, 11:00 am »
It's good to hear some reports of M5s in the wild. Keep 'em coming...........

Shakey

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #129 on: 25 Oct 2019, 02:02 pm »
Snowpuppy, You might be the very first with the M3 Sapphires. I have them in my cart and ready to purchase but was really hoping to hear some reviews. I have talked with Clayton and read so much about the Spatial line. I am replacing my older Vandersteen 2ce's so I am expecting some real improvements across the board. Would really like to hear your opinions.

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #130 on: 25 Oct 2019, 02:36 pm »
Snowpuppy, You might be the very first with the M3 Sapphires. I have them in my cart and ready to purchase but was really hoping to hear some reviews. I have talked with Clayton and read so much about the Spatial line. I am replacing my older Vandersteen 2ce's so I am expecting some real improvements across the board. Would really like to hear your opinions.

Look forward to sharing.  I can try to post a pick of the back of the speaker.  Look at my exchange with Mark at Linear Tube Audio here as he already has a pair of M3 Sapphires:

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=160603.msg1763251#msg1763251

Superflam,  Could you post a pic of the back of the M5?

jazzman463

« Reply #131 on: 25 Oct 2019, 02:57 pm »
Hi Superflam, We ( Sapphire owners) are putting a lot of faith into that M100 driver. Its going to be doing a lot of work for us. I do feel the bass will always be right on as that has been evolving from the CS line Clayton designed. I am all in with Clayton's experience in OB evolution, and his excitement with the M100. I am happy to hear the words in you feedback so far , no fatigue with the highs. I do think that is important. I have faith everything else will come. I think the M5's are the cornerstone in  the Spatial's line and I trust Clayton's ears on that M 100 driver, but I do admit it is hard to realize that thing is handling so much important information. Enjoy you weekend with your new speakers. PS do you feel 35 watts of tube can push those things?

Spatial Audio

« Reply #132 on: 25 Oct 2019, 08:02 pm »
Snowpuppy's M3 Sapphires are shipping today.

35 W should be plenty (depending on the amp design). I have been listening to the Linear Tube Audio ZOTL10 with 10W output and it drives them very well and sounds great.

Clayton

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #133 on: 25 Oct 2019, 08:38 pm »
I am surprised to know that the Z10 with only 12 watts 4ohms drives the M3 Sapphires so well.  Z10 must be over achiever for the wattage and/or M3 are even easier to drive than specs would indicate (though good specs).  Just usually think of 10 watt amps for 98 db Klipsch or something. 

Paul Speltz

• Industry Participant
  • AntiCables
    • anticables.com
« Reply #134 on: 28 Oct 2019, 06:28 pm »
Clayton,

When I saw your above photo, I got excited because I figured the single pair of M3 Sapphire speakers in Walnut were the pair I have on order. But now I suspect that was the pair that got shipped to Snowpuppy.

Looking forward to hearing the Sapphire's this weekend at CAF (and receiving mine as well).

: )

Paul Speltz
(AntiCables)

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #135 on: 28 Oct 2019, 07:00 pm »
Mine are in Sepele darker that the ones in the pic.  They have left the Spatial facility but have not left Salt Lake City yet according to tracking.  Forecasted arrival this Friday.  Hopefully they will call to schedule delivery then.  It is coming by freight.

PS.  Was thinking you will probably get to hear them before I do at CAF.  Wish I could be there.  Look forward to hearing your impressions.

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #136 on: 28 Oct 2019, 07:47 pm »
Mine are in Sepele darker that the ones in the pic.  They have left the Spatial facility but have not left Salt Lake City yet according to tracking.  Forecasted arrival this Friday.  Hopefully they will call to schedule delivery then.  It is coming by freight.

PS.  Was thinking you will probably get to hear them before I do at CAF.  Wish I could be there.  Look forward to hearing your impressions.

Correction.  Freight company just called and said they were coming tomorrow afternoon.  That is much quicker than I was expecting.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #137 on: 28 Oct 2019, 08:34 pm »
Just like Christmas ain’t it? Have fun!!!

Shakey

Paul Speltz

• Industry Participant
  • AntiCables
    • anticables.com
« Reply #138 on: 28 Oct 2019, 09:16 pm »
SnowPuppy77,

Arriving tomorrow afternoon. That is exciting. Sounds like a good excuse to take an afternoon off work.

As for the wood finishes, I am now confused. The wood options are Walnut, Sapele, and Maple. Since Maple is very light, I am assuming the two woods shown in Clayton's above photo are Walnut and Sapele. I am thinking that Walnut is darker than Sapele, so to me the far left M5 pair and the bigger pair of M3's in the back are Walnut  (and the lighter 3 pairs of M5's are Sapele).

Let us know when you open them tomorrow which ones your look like in the photo. The darker ones or the more medium tone ones.

...and first impressions as well.

Thanks!

Paul Speltz
(AntiCables)

Spatial Audio

« Reply #139 on: 28 Oct 2019, 09:38 pm »
Hi Paul - see you in a few days at CAF.

We made a darker tinted version of Sepele for SnowPuppy. So, like the Sepele in the pic but darker.

Your pair is coming up shortly - big backlog to get through.

Clayton