***SOLD***Octave EQ.2 phono MM/MC preamp

Sense63

***SOLD***Octave EQ.2 phono MM/MC preamp
« on: 18 Aug 2016, 06:53 pm »

***SOLD***

Up for sale is an amazingly good phono preamp from Octave. As those who are familiar with Octave, they make exceptional tube amplifiers. The phono EQ.2 is no exception. It is very flexible as you can load it for MM or MC. This unit is truly mint. I'm the original owner and purchased it when I was upgrading my vinyl rig. I realistically have about 30 hours of play time on it and is probably not even completely broken in yet. This is NOT one of those listings where I tried it and felt it was sub par....quite the opposite. It is one of the best phono preamps I've heard at anywhere near the price, but I've decided to consolidate my system and have an integrated with a built in phono stage that will suffice for now. I'm just trying to pull some money out of my system for other endeavors.

List:  $1,899  Asking:  $1,199  $1099

It will be shipping from zip code 60178 (Sycamore, IL)

The conclusion from the SoundStage review:

"Now that I’ve spent some quality time with the Octave Audio Phono EQ.2, I’m pleased as punch I got the chance to hear it up close and personal. It offers a lot of analog satisfaction in a refreshingly compact and well-built package. On sonic grounds, it favorably competes with anything at or near its price, and its adjustable gain and loading will be boons to vinyl lovers who expect to eventually upgrade or change their cartridges and don’t want to worry about compatibility. If you’re looking for something that can properly load your cartridge, makes marathon listening a breeze, and -- most important -- never fails to make compelling music, do yourself a solid and check out Octave Audio’s Phono EQ.2. You’ll be happy you did."

I've included pictures from the Octave website because they are much better than I could ever take and it looks exactly like these pictures.

http://www.octave.de/en/htdocs/verstaerker/phono_eq_2.php

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 3 Oct 2016, 08:59 pm by Sense63 »

Sense63

Re: FS: Octave EQ.2 phono MM/MC preamp
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2016, 09:39 pm »
Bump ^^^