Which do you think is taller

Me!!!   (Clue Im 5 foot 5)
6 (33.3%)
Bryston Tower of Power - All my Brystons stacked up
11 (61.1%)
The same
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Guess Which is taller ??? (Some midweek fun)

drummermitchell

Re: Guess Which is taller ??? (Some midweek fun)
« Reply #20 on: 15 Jul 2009, 09:49 pm »
Very Nice Mr H,look at all those faceplates(with handles).I like that alot.
Stack and then rackm :thumb:.

Mad Mr H

« Reply #21 on: 15 Jul 2009, 10:56 pm »
Will posts the rack pics in the "Handles" thread...............

I have racked up as they are in these pics, so most have handles still on them - I do like the handles but in the cinema room the idea is that the kit should just be there and not draw attention to itself, The Screen is the visual item in the cinema room.

Andy.

werd

« Reply #22 on: 16 Jul 2009, 12:58 am »
Will posts the rack pics in the "Handles" thread...............

I have racked up as they are in these pics, so most have handles still on them - I do like the handles but in the cinema room the idea is that the kit should just be there and not draw attention to itself, The Screen is the visual item in the cinema room.

Andy.

Thats an amazing stack, still cant tell which is higher though. I think the kit can draw attention to itself, just so long as it doesnt sit right in peripheral view of the screen. If you stack the gear behind you in some fashion nobody viewing the screen will see the gear behind them. Then when the movie is done they can still see the impressive gear.

1oldguy

« Reply #23 on: 16 Jul 2009, 01:49 am »
Black is where it's at.I have mine in Black as well.Actually everything is Black,speakers,stand.I didn't want it looking bigger than it is.Plus black is the sleekest color out there.And of course the T.V I want is Black...have a look.
http://www.rcwilley.com/Electronics/TV-Video/LCD-TVs/KDL-65W5100/1903497/Sony-65-BRAVIA-W-Series-LCD-TV-View.jsp

Levi

« Reply #24 on: 16 Jul 2009, 02:11 am »
I must agree.  Black looks elegant and timeless.  Don't worry about those finger print and smudges, they only show in pictures. :)  They are Classic!  :thumb:

Mad Mr H

« Reply #25 on: 16 Jul 2009, 08:12 am »
I think the kit can draw attention to itself, just so long as it doesnt sit right in peripheral view of the screen. If you stack the gear behind you in some fashion nobody viewing the screen will see the gear behind them. Then when the movie is done they can still see the impressive gear.

Gear to the side or rear is nice but in order to keep the shortest speaker cables I have the gear at the front. The racks also provide a position for the front LCR speakers to sit on and raise the L/R up to where I want them.

I dont have a perf screen so speakes are but the sides/below screen.

For the rears it would have been better for me to move those amps nearer the rear, but at the time I ran long speaker cables, and that is now too much for me to change....

Mad Mr H

« Reply #26 on: 16 Jul 2009, 08:14 am »
1 oldguy - Think twice about an LCD screen..........

Plasma is still the better image in my opinion,

If your situation has kids playing games on the screen or the chance of solid paused imaged then LCD is the better option, for quality its good plasma.

Andy.

1oldguy

« Reply #27 on: 16 Jul 2009, 03:54 pm »
I had the Pioneer Elite Pro 151FD and I had eye strain.As well as a family member.The Plasma is king of the hill I agree,so it was hard to take that set back,it really was.The Dark Knight was fantastic on that set.

Levi

« Reply #28 on: 16 Jul 2009, 04:12 pm »
Everyone here I assumed used an isf pro calibration?

1oldguy

« Reply #29 on: 16 Jul 2009, 04:15 pm »
I didn't have a calibration on the set.My dealer said it was already done.

Levi

« Reply #30 on: 16 Jul 2009, 04:32 pm »
Nice!  However, it sounds fishy.  Normally ISF Pro Calibration is done in your home at your ambient light levels.  If you are serious about getting the correct image, I would have an ISF Pro done at home. Specially for the Pioneer plasma screens.  That's any screen for that matter.  That is just me. 

1oldguy

« Reply #31 on: 16 Jul 2009, 05:59 pm »
I don't think anyone here on the Rock even knows how do a Calibration.At least not that I'm aware of.

Mad Mr H

« Reply #32 on: 16 Jul 2009, 07:41 pm »
I am not ISF trained but my test kit is ISF certified........

What I think is best is if you have both, BUT many trained people then DONT use hi quality test kit  :duh:

I should really do the course but I preferred to buy the correct test kit

(I am in the Pro AV industry  :wink:)

Andy.

BobM

« Reply #33 on: 16 Jul 2009, 08:32 pm »
If your lucky enough to have bought a set that was reviewed at www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com then you can come very close to the ISF settings by using the adjustments they recommend in their reviews. Each set they test they calibrate before reviewing, and they give you the manual settings so you can approximate the ISF setting.

I did this to my TV and it made a dramatic difference int he picture quality. None of the factory settings even came close.

Enjoy,
Bob

Mad Mr H

« Reply #34 on: 16 Jul 2009, 08:57 pm »
Do they tell you how to get into the hidden installer menus of TVs and colour balance settings - rather than just basic menus?

1oldguy

« Reply #35 on: 16 Jul 2009, 11:22 pm »
We should all be living on the same street. :duh: