Harry Pearson of Absolute Sound Magazine gives Bryston 28B Editors Choice Award

mitcho

excellent review.  I can vouch for the comments regarding the tube like nature.  I have been a fan of tubed equipment for quite awhile.  I have found the 7B SST2 to be much like a tubed design with the open mids and highs and the transparency.   I have not heard the 28's, but since the 7B's have the same technology/ design as the 28's, I am sure I am hearing much of what I would hear with them.   I have not had any yearning for a tube amp since getting the 7B's.  Quite an accomplishment.

95Dyna

excellent review.  I can vouch for the comments regarding the tube like nature.  I have been a fan of tubed equipment for quite awhile.  I have found the 7B SST2 to be much like a tubed design with the open mids and highs and the transparency.   I have not heard the 28's, but since the 7B's have the same technology/ design as the 28's, I am sure I am hearing much of what I would hear with them.   I have not had any yearning for a tube amp since getting the 7B's.  Quite an accomplishment.

Mitcho,

I can second your assessment of the 7B's.  I just received my new pair on Friday along with a BP26P.  I just dropped them into my system that hasn't been upgraded for almost 20 years without the BP26.  I was immediately taken by the way soft and delicate passages from a couple addagios from Mozart piano concerto's sounded at very low volume.  Detail was revealed I hadn't heard before.  Actually the first signal I sent through them after installation was from the worst source I have, an FM tuner.  I couldn't believe the clarity and soundstage that is usually dimished with this source.  I can't immagine how good they will sound when I install the 26 then a new CD or SACD player, some new cables let alone give them a chance to break in.  The 28B project has indeed benefitted the entire product line in a very positive way.

Bill