Cold Remote!

gravy

• -Scott
Cold Remote!
« on: 3 Jun 2004, 02:55 am »
Hi Gang

This may sound silly, but does anyone's remote for your SP1.7 get so cold that it really reduces battery output?

I swear mine acts like a natural heat-sink overnight and reallly reduces the battery longevity the next day!

I think I need a velvet, insulated case for my remote!   Its a finished basement, so its not like it goes below freezing or anything crazy!

(PS - no Canada jokes)

jethro

Cold Remote!
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jun 2004, 01:05 am »
Since you're in Winnipeg, does it get cold enough that you get the urge to touch your tongue to the remote ?

Before I had my fancy Electric Thermal Storage heat installed,  in winter I used to let my living room get down to 13 C. It didn't seem to cause any problems with my remote.

Levi

Cold remote
« Reply #2 on: 4 Jun 2004, 01:06 am »
I think the SP1.7 remote are neat.  It feels like it's indestructible.  You can probably run it over with your car and it would probably still work.  :!:

nicolasb

Cold Remote!
« Reply #3 on: 4 Jun 2004, 09:11 am »
I long ago stopped using my SP1.7 remote, as the processor itself is at rather a sharp angle to the direction of the signal, and the remote doesn't produce enough infra-red for it to detect (unless I get up off the sofa and walk a few feet forward, which rather defeats the purpose of having a remote in the first place). So instead I use a Philips Pronto which puts out a lot more power (and for which Bryston kindly provide a .ccl file on their website).

gravy

• -Scott
Cold Remote!
« Reply #4 on: 4 Jun 2004, 09:23 pm »
Quote from: jethro
Since you're in Winnipeg, does it get cold enough that you get the urge to touch your tongue to the remote ?

Before I had my fancy Electric Thermal Storage heat installed,  in winter I used to let my living room get down to 13 C. It didn't seem to cause any problems with my remote.

LOL true enough!

I LOVE the utiliitarian look - and I completely agree - the thing is built like a tank.   Anyone that picks it up always goes "ooooo heavy!" and nods their head in approval.