New guy

Clive197

New guy
« on: 18 Jun 2020, 11:56 am »
Hi Guys
I’ve just joined here, my name is Clive and I’ve been a Bryston owner for 22 months. I own a BP17/3 and a 4B3 and am currently doing a home dem with a BPA-3.14.
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2020, 10:12 am by Clive197 »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Ew guy
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jun 2020, 12:00 pm »
Welcome Clive

Please feel free to offer any input you wish.

james

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jun 2020, 12:38 pm »
Welcome!

Clive197

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jun 2020, 01:16 pm »
I wonder if I may ask a question re the BDA-3.14. I don’t want to go down the Roon route so could I use a 3rd party app like MConnect on my iPad?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 18 Jun 2020, 02:15 pm »
I wonder if I may ask a question re the BDA-3.14. I don’t want to go down the Roon route so could I use a 3rd party app like MConnect on my iPad?

If you have an IPAD try Rigelian on Apple Store

james

Clive197

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jun 2020, 06:53 am »
As already mentioned, I have a BDA-3.14 on home demo. I’m not using Roon so the way only way I am able to control the streamer is by the media player. I have logged on to my Qobuz account and am able to play files. The streamer finds my NAS but I’m unable to load my stored music. The streamer does not seem to recognise Minimserver on my NAS. Do any of you know a work around?

I’m very much liking the sound of the streamer/DAC but this issue is a deal breaker.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 19 Jun 2020, 09:37 am »
As already mentioned, I have a BDA-3.14 on home demo. I’m not using Roon so the way only way I am able to control the streamer is by the media player. I have logged on to my Qobuz account and am able to play files. The streamer finds my NAS but I’m unable to load my stored music. The streamer does not seem to recognise Minimserver on my NAS. Do any of you know a work around?

I’m very much liking the sound of the streamer/DAC but this issue is a deal breaker.

Hi Clive

I will ask Chris.

james

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #7 on: 19 Jun 2020, 07:53 pm »

Currently the firmware is designed to connect to network shares using SMB v1.  What brand of NAS do you have?

Chris

Clive197

Re: New guy
« Reply #8 on: 19 Jun 2020, 08:43 pm »
I use a Synology NAS with 2 x 3 Gb WD Red Drives running MinimServer. The BPA 3.14 can find the Synology NAS but not MinimServer.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #9 on: 20 Jun 2020, 04:27 pm »
I use a Synology NAS with 2 x 3 Gb WD Red Drives running MinimServer. The BPA 3.14 can find the Synology NAS but not MinimServer.

You may need to configure the synology to support SMB v1 clients, but using the NAS setup settings page you should be able to add your SMB music share to the BDP.

Chris

Clive197

« Reply #10 on: 21 Jun 2020, 12:40 am »
Thank you. Typo mistake, I meant 2x3Tb drives.

I’ve solved the issue by loading a 1Tb USB drive with all my home stored music and using my broadband connection to stream Qobuz.

The BDA’s inbuilt control, if not using Roon is in my opinion woeful.