Hello from Don Sachs

dls123

• Industry Participant
    • Citation Restoration
Hello from Don Sachs
« on: 30 Oct 2023, 03:21 pm »
Greetings all.  Don Sachs here.  I build custom tube amps, preamps, and phono preamps.  I also spent years restoring vintage tube audio gear.  My website is here:  http://www.dsachsconsulting.com/CitationRestoration.html

I have retired from vintage gear restorations, and am just about retired from producing custom tube gear.  That said, I have one last project and that is a custom 300b mono amp and matching preamp designed in collaboration with Lynn Olson.  Lynn and I are working with Audio Circle sponsor Spatial Audio Lab in Utah manufacture the amps and preamp.  I will be available on the Spatial Audio Circle to answer questions related to that project.

Happy Listening!
Don

blownrx7

Re: Hello from Don Sachs
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2023, 01:52 am »
Don,

Congrats on getting to that time of life where you can say "one last project"! I can't wait to see what this collaboration produces - very exciting stuff for sure! Don't make us wait too long:-)

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2023, 02:20 am »
Best wishes on your retirement Don :thumb:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #3 on: 31 Oct 2023, 04:23 pm »
Don,

Welcome. Welcome!

I do believe I can provide some impressions and photos of a pair of prototypes which will be in my possession in a few days.  8)

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #4 on: 31 Oct 2023, 05:37 pm »
Don,

Welcome. Welcome!

I do believe I can provide some impressions and photos of a pair of prototypes which will be in my possession in a few days.  8)

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 1 Nov 2023, 05:59 am »
Greetings Don  :thumb:  Good to hear the semi-retirement is going well, and you are keeping busy. I can only imagine how good the new monos will sound given the joy my Kootenay brings regularly. Keep on keepin' on Sir.         JDH