March 2005 SCARe session

Mad DOg

March 2005 SCARe session
« Reply #60 on: 1 Mar 2005, 05:23 pm »
Quote from: John Casler
:o = It has now become my reference  WOW!

this definitely applies to the Audioquest Sky so far!  8) these are the MOST neutral, revealing and dynamic cables I have EVER heard in my system. Closest thing to having no cables.

Jon L

March 2005 SCARe session
« Reply #61 on: 1 Mar 2005, 10:46 pm »
$2100/1m for Sky...

Mad Dog, if you change to Sky, I call shotgun on your Cryotweaks IC's :mrgreen:  I'll just have to DIY an active shield into the Cryotweaks IC with parts from my Aural Thrills Active cables, which could give Sky another run for its money.

Hajime Sato

March 2005 SCARe session
« Reply #62 on: 1 Mar 2005, 11:40 pm »
Quote from: Mad DOg
Quote from: lonewolfny42

Wynton Marsalis Quartet - The Magic Hour - track 1
Ben Harper - Fight For Your Mind - track 5

hi Chris,

i don't think we have these two...

I can bring Wynton Marsalis' CD.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
March 2005 SCARe session
« Reply #63 on: 1 Mar 2005, 11:48 pm »
Quote from: Jon L
$2100/1m for Sky...

Mad Dog, if you change to Sky, I call shotgun on your Cryotweaks IC's :mrgreen:  I'll just have to DIY an active shield into the Cryotweaks IC with parts from my Aural Thrills Active cables, which could give Sky another run for its money.

Well, based on his PFOnline review of the Anticables, he's saved that much in speaker cable and just reinvested!   It all washes!   Kinda....

Mad DOg

March 2005 SCARe session
« Reply #64 on: 2 Mar 2005, 12:07 am »
Quote from: ted_b
Well, based on his PFOnline review of the Anticables, he's saved that much in speaker cable and just reinvested!   It all washes!   Kinda....

we'll have to see about that cuz the Mont Blanc DBS speaker cables haven't gone in the system yet... :mrgreen:

Mad DOg

March 2005 SCARe session
« Reply #65 on: 2 Mar 2005, 12:12 am »
$2100/1m for Sky...

don't remind me... :cry:
Mad Dog, if you change to Sky, I call shotgun on your Cryotweaks IC's :mrgreen:
the CT ICs aren't going anywhere! next to the Sky, these are some of the best ICs around for under $1K IMHO...

Mad DOg

March 2005 SCARe session
« Reply #66 on: 2 Mar 2005, 12:13 am »
Quote from: Hajime Sato
I can bring Wynton Marsalis' CD.

excellent!

Adam_Reiter

March 2005 SCARe session
« Reply #67 on: 2 Mar 2005, 12:13 am »
MD, throw up a link to your cable review.

Mad DOg

Raise your hand if you're planning on attending...
« Reply #68 on: 2 Mar 2005, 12:33 am »
If you're planning on attending the Mar. 12th listening session, please PM me with your email addy so I can get all the pertinent info to you via email. Also would like to get an idea of what kinda headcount we're expecting. Thx...

Got Jon L, John Casler, Cryotweaks, Hajime, and Adam_Reiter already...

KeithR

March 2005 SCARe session
« Reply #69 on: 2 Mar 2005, 01:25 am »
I can't attend, unfortunately (going to Havasu)

That said, next "non-cable shootout", I will make the drive down.  

Sorry, i think cables are so unimportant to go nuts about, and people are listening for such tiny differences usually :)

John Casler

March 2005 SCARe session
« Reply #70 on: 2 Mar 2005, 01:26 am »
$2100/1m for Sky...

don't remind me... :cry:

I just picked up the Cheetahs with XLR connection.  They are the next model down from the SKY.  It would be interesting to see what they give up to the SKY, which is over 2 x the price.

I will say that just dropping the XLR Cheetah into the Son of Ampzilla made a nice improvement even over the RCA model I had to use earlier.

Likely a good portion of the improvement was getting rid of the "rca to phono" plug connection.

Looking forward to hearing the "limit"

(I wonder if anyone gets that :roll: )

Adam_Reiter

March 2005 SCARe session
« Reply #71 on: 3 Mar 2005, 06:28 am »
Quote from: John Casler
:o = It has now become my reference  WOW!

this definitely applies to the Audioquest Sky so far!  8) these are the MOST neutral, revealing and dynamic cables I have EVER heard in my system. Closest thing to having no cables.

Hmmm, so how does your system sound with NO CABLES?  I'd be intersted to hear that one!   :lol:

Mad DOg

March 2005 SCARe session
« Reply #72 on: 3 Mar 2005, 07:14 am »
Quote from: Adam_Reiter
Hmmm, so how does your system sound with NO CABLES?  I'd be intersted to hear that one!   :lol:
:roll: he who spends BIG bucks on Onix Statement cables and doesn't even care enough to conduct a comparison to decide if they sound any better than the Monster cables they replaced shares his infinite wisdom... :roll:  

:wink: sorry, dude...just couldn't resist! :wink:

Adam_Reiter

March 2005 SCARe session
« Reply #73 on: 3 Mar 2005, 04:38 pm »
:roll: he who spends BIG bucks on Onix Statement cables and doesn't even care enough to conduct a comparison to decide if they sound any better than the Monster cables they replaced shares his infinite wisdom... :roll:  

:wink: sorry, dude...just couldn't resist! :wink:

Hey, I just got the darn things 3 days ago.  Gimme some time man....  I am too busy enjoying this kick ass system to worry about cable comparisons.

All in time.... Daniel-son.

John Casler

March 2005 SCARe session
« Reply #74 on: 3 Mar 2005, 06:17 pm »

I heard a system with no cables once.  I can say "HANDS DOWN" it was the quietest system I have "EVER" heard. 8)

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Adam_Reiter

March 2005 SCARe session
« Reply #75 on: 3 Mar 2005, 11:12 pm »
Speaking of AudioQuest Sky.

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?cablintr&1114646212

Seems like a bargin for $1300

Mad DOg

Silversmith Silver ICs are here!!!
« Reply #76 on: 5 Mar 2005, 08:16 am »
Jeffrey Smith's Silversmith Silver ICs are here and burning in my system as I type...

Those of you who are attending the Mar. 12th session are in for a nice surprise! Both the Audioquest Sky and Jeff Smith's ICs are really something quite special! :thumb: be sure to come in your dancing shoes!!! :dance:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
March 2005 SCARe session
« Reply #77 on: 5 Mar 2005, 08:28 am »
Mad DOg :
dancing shoes!!!
    Are you going to compare shoe's too..... :lol: [/list:u]
      Just kidding.....these new IC's, the Sky and Smith one's , what do they retail for ? Thanks ! :) [/list:u]

Mad DOg

March 2005 SCARe session
« Reply #78 on: 5 Mar 2005, 08:58 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
Mad DOg :
dancing shoes!!!
    Are you going to compare shoe's too..... :lol: [/list:u]
      Just kidding.....these new IC's, the Sky and Smith one's , what do they retail for ? Thanks ! :) [/list:u]
:lol:

The AQ Sky retails for $2100/1M pr
The Silversmith Audio Silver IC retails for $1400/3' pr (see www.silversmithaudio.com for complete price list)

Mad DOg

email sent
« Reply #79 on: 5 Mar 2005, 09:01 am »
for those of you who have expressed interest in attending and have provided me with your email address...i just sent out an email w/ time & address. please let me know if you do not receive it...