Potential new Spatial Audio customer...nowhere to hear them

glfrancis

Yes, I am a newby to the forum. Thank you to Clayton Shaw and all who make this possible. my current gear: digital- gold note ds10 w/evo power supply. analog-pioneer pl600 silver w/ortofon 2m bronze cartridge into a Manley Chinook phono preamp. Both feed a Yamaha a-s801 into a pair of Jamo s606 speakers. 2 duplex lines run straight from 2 separate dedicated circuits. Music? Depends on my mood...I can listen to just about anything as long as it is good. I do default back to a lot of jazz and 70-80 rock/pop.

I think that I would really like a pair of x5, but I have never heard them nor any spatial audio nor open baffle in person. I live in Birmingham AL, so it is a long drive to go hear them. By any chance does anyone have spatial audio and live closer? I know that you don't know who I am, but I am completely on the up and up. Any ideas? Excellent reviews and YouTube videos, but far from an ideal way to test out speakers. thank you..

TomS

Re: Potential new Spatial Audio customer...nowhere to hear them
« Reply #1 on: 1 Aug 2021, 01:09 am »
He does have a 60 day trial  :)

glfrancis

« Reply #2 on: 1 Aug 2021, 02:37 am »
Thank you. I will have to make use of the capitol and/or rocky mountain audio festivals. It will happen...eventually

Happy listening

Tonight was streaming Mahlers 4th on Qobuz hi res. Would have loved to hear how mahler sounds on the X5  :thumb:

bbybaudio

« Reply #3 on: 1 Aug 2021, 02:30 pm »
I have X5s in Athens GA. Quite a drive.

glfrancis

« Reply #4 on: 1 Aug 2021, 06:50 pm »
Only 3.5 hrs. A lot less than heading out to Utah.  8)

529proaudio

« Reply #5 on: 5 Aug 2021, 09:44 pm »
He does have a 60 day trial  :)

Yes, but the cost of shipping speakers back is so high that this isn't exactly "risk-free".  I made that mistake when I ordered some floor-standing speakers from Upscale Audio.  They arrived double boxed, and each box was literally the size of a fridge.  Cost me a fortune to send them back, and I had to eat the original shipping cost too...I maybe recovered 60% of the cost after the dust settled.  From that point forward I swore I would never order speakers again that I couldn't easily audition and return in-person if they weren't to my liking.   

jjss49

« Reply #6 on: 6 Aug 2021, 04:12 am »
first world problems...

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #7 on: 6 Aug 2021, 04:21 am »
first world problems...

The best kind to have.