The 1st CIAudio Loudspeaker!

CIAudio

Re: The 1st CIAudio Loudspeaker!
« Reply #40 on: 20 Nov 2020, 02:01 pm »
I've never seen a chart even remotely close to this for off-axis HF behaviour—and you appear to be using a conical waveguide for the tweeter which isn't all that unusual. I admit to being puzzled. What are other designers missing?

The great off-axis response/high frequency extension is due primarily to the smaller 19mm dome.
The combination of waveguide, 19mm driver, and crossover offer many improvements if taken advantage of.
This system is more complex than it appears... for example, in our implementation the diameter of the waveguide determines the corner frequency, provides time alignment, and controls directivity (amongst other things)  :wink:

CIAudio

« Reply #41 on: 20 Nov 2020, 02:05 pm »
I'm in the market for a high performance bookshelf. Do you have an approximate price yet?

Price will be $3995/pair
Finish options are Light Maple baffle/Silver Gray cabinet, or Dark Mahogany baffle/Black cabinet.

We are also working on matching stands in both finishes, price to be determined.

Paulie

« Reply #42 on: 20 Nov 2020, 03:55 pm »
These should play nice with your C100S amp, right? Or will more power be needed?

CIAudio

« Reply #43 on: 20 Nov 2020, 04:10 pm »
These should play nice with your C100S amp, right? Or will more power be needed?

C•100S works fantastic with them, and is one of the reference amplifiers i’ve been using in development.
Final speaker efficiency is 86~87db/2.83V and a very easy load to drive.

CIAudio

« Reply #44 on: 30 Nov 2020, 06:26 pm »

I'm proud to announce that the 10 Statement model we designed/manufactured for LSA just won The Absolute Sound's Product of the Year 2020 for stand-mounted loudspeakers! I'll post a link once the issue is live on their website.

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #45 on: 30 Nov 2020, 07:58 pm »
I'm proud to announce that the 10 Statement model we designed/manufactured for LSA just won The Absolute Sound's Product of the Year 2020 for stand-mounted loudspeakers! I'll post a link once the issue is live on their website.
Wow! It doesn't get much better than that. Congratulations.

richidoo

mr_bill

« Reply #47 on: 30 Nov 2020, 08:35 pm »
I did not know you designed this loudspeaker - and it must be a good one.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #48 on: 30 Nov 2020, 10:10 pm »
Woot! Congratulations, Dusty!  :banana piano: :bowdown:

CIAudio

« Reply #49 on: 1 Dec 2020, 03:18 am »
I did not know you designed this loudspeaker - and it must be a good one.

Dan Wiggins & I designed four models for LSA... two stand-mounts and two floor-standers, each size having a "Signature" and "Statement" version.
All of them sound very good, but i think the LSA-10 "Signature" is the best bargain, especially for what Walter sells them for.

Overall I like our R3 better... a little warmer and fatter with better imaging, and a little sweeter on top. I hope it's as well received!

CIAudio

« Reply #50 on: 14 Dec 2020, 06:38 am »
We’ve taken an unconventional route for input jacks on r3. Instead of traditional chunky 5-way binding posts, we have chosen high-current/instrument-grade banana jacks. These low-mass plated copper connectors have a large contact patch, are very secure, and have a cleaner appearance. They can accept BFA plugs (as used on our WaveLink cables), or standard/shrouded/locking banana plugs.

The latest version of C•100S (now shipping) has also been fitted with the new connectors.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #51 on: 14 Dec 2020, 02:14 pm »
Looking forward to seeing more info on this speaker.

Will the a3 come with grills?

Also, is there a recommended stand height?

CIAudio

« Reply #52 on: 14 Dec 2020, 03:22 pm »
Our speaker models are designed without grills as they always degrade performance, and most people never use them.

Ideal stand height is determined by your listening space, but generally you want the tweeter at or slightly above your ear level.
Our matching stands set the tweeter height at 36-37", which is appropriate for most sofa/chair listening.

CIAudio

« Reply #53 on: 21 Feb 2021, 05:44 pm »
After some delays, we're finally getting into production of the r3 and the 1st batch of cabinets are now awaiting assembly  :)

Tbar

« Reply #54 on: 23 Feb 2021, 01:37 am »
Great news, can't wait to hear them!

happyrabbit

« Reply #55 on: 25 Feb 2021, 12:22 am »
Any more pics to post ??   :green:
« Last Edit: 25 Feb 2021, 04:54 am by happyrabbit »

CIAudio

« Reply #56 on: 11 Mar 2021, 03:10 am »
Here are some of the unfinished r3 baffles in Maple and Mahogany.
Core material is 18 layer Baltic Birch with rotary cut Maple or Mahogany on the outside, HPL on the inside.
Final machining, sanding, clear coat, and laser-engraving will be completed next week.

We will start taking pre-orders Monday the 15th and expect to start shipping before months end.
Limited quantities of both finishes will be available.

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #57 on: 2 Apr 2021, 09:18 pm »
do these special connectors take any banana plug or are they like the GR Research tube connectors that require a special pin connector?

CIAudio

« Reply #58 on: 3 Apr 2021, 01:51 am »
do these special connectors take any banana plug or are they like the GR Research tube connectors that require a special pin connector?

They'll take BFA, standard banana, locking banana, shrouded banana.

If you need cables, our WaveLink Studio is a great match.

CIAudio

« Reply #59 on: 3 Apr 2021, 02:03 am »
Here's a sneak peek of the Mahogany finish.