Tom Christiansen Audio (TCA) - Introduction

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Tom Christiansen Audio (TCA) - Introduction
« Reply #20 on: 9 Jun 2020, 01:27 pm »
They say, "never say never", but I highly doubt I'll make instrument amps. So much of that market is about achieving a certain tonality, and often the tonality of a decades old amp. That's just not something I do - at least not at the moment.

If I was to drift in that direction, I'd probably try to get into the mastering and recording side of things. Think mixers and high-end headphone amps.

One thing about recording engineers and studio managers is that they understand specs and value.

Tom
Maybe you should do some market research for what is wanted/needed on www.gearslutz.com in that world.  The membership there is staggering.   ;)

tomchr

• Industry Participant
    • Tom Christiansen Audio
Re: Tom Christiansen Audio (TCA) - Introduction
« Reply #21 on: 9 Jun 2020, 09:32 pm »
Maybe you should do some market research for what is wanted/needed on www.gearslutz.com in that world.  The membership there is staggering.   ;)
Yep. It's definitely on my list. I've also noticed that many studio mastering techs/engineers use that forum. I think my HPA-1 will be right up their alley.

My plan is to wrap up a couple of Neurochrome products and then push on TCA for the next while.

Tom