Hello from Al Clark, Danville Signal

danvillesignal

• Industry Participant
    • Danville Signal
Hello from Al Clark, Danville Signal
« on: 29 Sep 2023, 06:17 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking on this site for quite awhile since my friend, Rich Hollis (Hollis Audio Labs) is very active.

I am the cofounder, CEO and lead designer at Danville Signal.

I have been designing high end audio for a long time.

In 1975, I met Frank Van Alstine who I know is active on this site. I was in engineering school at the time. I learned a lot of techniques that year on how to make circuits perform better and more importantly, Frank taught me how to be a critical listener.
I think this is incredibly important for audio designers. If you can hear what's wrong, you can ask yourself, what contributes to what I am hearing and make adjustments.

In 1976, I invented the split passive phono preamplifier that was used in the Van Alstine Model One preamplifier.

Somewhere around 1990, I started my first DSP project. Since that time I have designed a lot of DSP based boards, mostly using Analog Devices' SHARC DSPs where I am fairly confident that I have the world record in number of designs by an individual.
In my view, the SHARC is the gold standard for Audio DSP.

I like to think that my strength as an audio designer is that I have both strong analog and digital signal processing skills which need to be combined to make SOA products in this space.

When I participate in forums, I try to stick with facts and not indulge in too much hyperbole.  I certainly hope you will consider our products, but I leave "It sounds (fill in opinion)" to our users.

Al
« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2023, 09:03 pm by danvillesignal »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hello from Al Clark, Danville Signal
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2023, 11:31 pm »
Welcome Al :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: Hello from Al Clark, Danville Signal
« Reply #2 on: 29 Sep 2023, 11:59 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Al   :thumb: