Help me name a new product line please!

TjMV3

Re: Help me name a new product line please!
« Reply #360 on: 19 Aug 2008, 03:24 pm »
Oh okay :lol:  I didn't know. 

Nice job!  Wish I had the skills to make such things.  Very cool!!!

Thanks again.

gjs_cds

« Reply #361 on: 19 Aug 2008, 04:58 pm »
Cool tweak, Wayner.  It's simple--yet seems to make a lot of sense. 

Do you have access to a CNC or a circle-cutting jig? 

Wayner

« Reply #362 on: 19 Aug 2008, 05:24 pm »
Downtown there is a fab shop. Got the sheetmetal done for about $15. It was plasma-cut. Iinside Diameter= 0.315, Outside Diameter = 11.75

W

ricmon

« Reply #363 on: 19 Aug 2008, 05:29 pm »
I never thought that the amplifier would make that big of a difference. Great words that lasted only a few moments. The combination of the Insight EC preamp and the Insight 260EX power amp, in quick order have changed things here very quickly.

Why is it that great music makes one get soggy in the eyes? I played 4 albums tonight in spite of the AC running and had to leave the room about 5 times so the wife wouldn't see me. I'm a tough guy (kind of), but this stuff has broke me down. I have never heard vinyl or connected with it so much ever in my life. The music seeped into my mind and caused emotional upheaval, that I couldn't control. The speakers disappeared, leaving such a natural real soundstage that could pound the tunes out in an instant and then play the softest passage in an instant. I have never heard vinyl in this way EVER before.

The play list is: 1) Rik Ocasek, This side of Paradise 2) Klaatu, Calling occupants of interplanetary craft. 3) GTR, GTR and 4) Andreas Vollenweider, Dancing with the Lion.

The system is: Technics SL-1200 with Audio Technica AT440MLa cartridge, AVA EC Insight preamp, AVA Insight 260EX power amp, Paradigm 40v.3 speakers.

I am drained. We also for some reason had the system CRANKED! I usually never do that. I just really can't explain much now. I'm going to shut everything off and go away.

W

I just bought new amps and I'm having the very same experience.  Seeing that it's the only thing that changed in my system.  It is quite phenomenal.

Ric

Wally King

« Reply #364 on: 20 Aug 2008, 12:00 pm »
Here's a question for Mr. Van Alstine:

Just wondering - Do you have plans to incorporate the new Insight circuitry, etc. into the AVA integrated amp?

avahifi

« Reply #365 on: 20 Aug 2008, 12:57 pm »
Insight Integrated Amplifier?  Its already a done deal and ready to ship. ($1499).  Six sets of line level inputs, precision vol and bal controls, and more.  You won't believe your ears!

Regards,

Frank Van Alstine

Wally King

« Reply #366 on: 20 Aug 2008, 01:07 pm »
Cool!

Wayner

« Reply #367 on: 30 Aug 2008, 06:40 pm »
If you are thinking of an Insight pre or amp, let me give you some heads up advice. You really need to get both or all three (pre-DAC-amp). If you are into vinyl, I'm still trying to come to terms with the phono section of my EC. I have NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR heard vinyl like this EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I'm listening to Andreas Vollenweider, White Winds now and I just can't believe what is in the grooves. The phono section of this preamp is stellar. My new 260ex Insight amp is kicking my Paradigms in the as_ right now, they simply have never sounded like this before.

Time to get the turkey going on the bar-b-que!

Wayner

viggen

« Reply #368 on: 31 Aug 2008, 03:25 pm »

pardales

« Reply #369 on: 31 Aug 2008, 03:39 pm »
Wayner: So, there is a real synergy between the Insight components?

Wayner

« Reply #370 on: 31 Aug 2008, 04:31 pm »
Yes, there is. The stack is quite the combination! Of course, if you can only get one piece, I'd go for the Insight EC, just cause I like tone controls (which are defeatable). There is plenty of testimony to the DAC, but I really like what Frank has done to the amp. It just plain, kicks butt, it's fast and it's dynamics will startle you.

Wayner  :D

Toka

« Reply #371 on: 31 Aug 2008, 05:20 pm »
Yes, there is. The stack is quite the combination! Of course, if you can only get one piece, I'd go for the Insight EC, just cause I like tone controls (which are defeatable). There is plenty of testimony to the DAC, but I really like what Frank has done to the amp. It just plain, kicks butt, it's fast and it's dynamics will startle you.

Wayner,

We gotta get a set of Ultra gear in your house so you can do a comparison with the Insight stuff...  8)

AAR

« Reply #372 on: 31 Aug 2008, 10:14 pm »
"Rapture"

Better be good stuff, Frank!  Now I gotta upgrade all my OmegaStars (the expensive Double 400s with 16 output devices per).

All the best.

Wayner

« Reply #373 on: 4 Sep 2008, 10:12 pm »
My second Insight EC with Phono option and remote control arrived today.

What splendid workmanship!

gjs_cds

« Reply #374 on: 4 Sep 2008, 10:17 pm »
My second Insight EC with Phono option and remote control arrived today.
What splendid workmanship!

Did you just void your 3 year warranty in order to take the pic?  (I keed, I keed  :D )

Wayner

« Reply #375 on: 4 Sep 2008, 10:25 pm »
It's fun to see the evolution of a product as my original EC is from 1996 and a lot of changes have been made since then. Some stylizing but mostly internally. The paint finish is really neat as it is a new wrinkle powder-coat (more Earth friendly) and very durable. I also love the newer style faceplates with the black and gold double anodizing.

W

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #376 on: 5 Sep 2008, 12:04 am »
Wayner:

Did you ask for consecutive or custom serial numbers?  :green: