Plaquenil

Wind Chaser

Re: Plaquenil
« Reply #60 on: 24 Mar 2020, 03:47 pm »
As long as the idiocy in America prevails, things will continue to get worse, much worse.

Now there’s talk about getting back to business next week as per usual.  :slap:

genjamon

« Reply #61 on: 24 Mar 2020, 03:48 pm »
Everything is political in some sense.

WGH

« Reply #62 on: 24 Mar 2020, 03:48 pm »
Here is a very good explanation of how the Coronavirus works and why social distancing is important

How the Coronavirus Could Take Over Your Body (Before You Ever Feel It)

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03/the-story-of-a-coronavirus-infection.html?fbclid=IwAR2bqUPC4B8pOC0_mw64AxJBi5BMqG3S2GT01dxMHyim0XCCiQUeTweRKvU

"Each particle is round and very small; if you magnified a human hair so that it was as wide as a football field, the virus particle would be four inches across. The outer membrane of the virus consists of an oily layer embedded with jagged protein molecules called spike proteins. These stick out like the protrusions on a knobby ball chew toy. In the middle of the virus particle is a coiled strand of RNA, the virus’s genetic material. The payload."

kingdeezie

« Reply #63 on: 24 Mar 2020, 04:08 pm »
Don't make the mistake of confusing crap media with mainstream news. 
Something called "Buzzfeednews.com" is not my idea of legitimate media.  Reuters, Associated Press, any of the mainstream newspapers ( WSJ, NYT, WaPo, LA Times, Ch Trib, old school networks ABC, NBC, CBS)   all have real standards and don't make stuff up.  Each may have an editorial slant--- WSJ right, Wa Post left, but they don't just pull stuff out of thin air.  They also don't lead with editorials dressed up as news.

I think this may have been true at one point, but most of these papers have lost all journalistic integrity.

Political slant is just as bad as pulling things out of thin air. A few days ago, The New York Times changed the headline of an article about the coronavirus relief effort four times to obfuscate the facts.

Also, regardless of your political affiliation, one should realize that most of these credible newspapers pushed supposition as fact for two years that the president was a legitimate Russian asset. All because of political bias.

Its really difficult to know which news sources to trust these days. 

Stu Pitt

« Reply #64 on: 24 Mar 2020, 04:19 pm »
Mankind's (and womankind's, but mostly guys') ability to do really foolish things with unknown substances never ceases to amaze me. [Don't ask me what I tried in my teens or twenties!] That the president of a well known country would say something careless on international television knowing full well (assumption) that some people would self-medicate using that substance (or ones that appear to be that compound) is......... :evil:
Not to sound the wrong way, and maybe I missed something, but why shouldn’t the president have talked about the drug? Shouldn’t he be transparent about what’s being done, what currently looks promising, etc.? Did he recommend people self medicate, look into alternative ways of taking the active ingredient, or anything like that? I haven’t watched every minute of the updates, so I quite likely missed something.

That doesn’t matter who’s in office, so it’s not defending Trump. If Hillary was the president, I’d feel the exact same way. People deserve to know if there’s any prospects on the horizon and what they’re doing about it. The government can’t possibly protect people from their own stupidity. People drinking (I’m assuming it’s a liquid) a koi pond cleaner because it contains an ingredient that’s being used as medication isn’t on the government nor anyone else; it’s on the person doing it. Darwin Award candidates.

galyons

« Reply #65 on: 24 Mar 2020, 04:20 pm »

Note that first hospital reporting treating 150 patients with Plaquenil so far is reporting good results.

Please credit source, otherwise.....

RPM123

« Reply #66 on: 24 Mar 2020, 04:21 pm »

Note that first hospital reporting treating 150 patients with Plaquenil so far is reporting good results.
[/quote]

The drug is still largely unproven and anecdotal at best.

http://www.startribune.com/malaria-drugs-promise-for-coronavirus-spurs-hope-shortages/569035892/

avahifi

« Reply #67 on: 24 Mar 2020, 04:23 pm »
I started this thread to try to keep all here up to date regarding light at the end of the tunnel possibilities and perhaps maybe even getting brighter due to positive medical and government actions.

The tunnel I am exploring is showing signs of turning into a sewer. Debating good or bad news sources, who is political or not, is not providing information, just noise.

Useful links or comments about medical research welcome and appreciated.

Last chance to get this right.

Frank

avahifi

« Reply #68 on: 24 Mar 2020, 04:48 pm »
Check out this web site please:  c19hcc.org

Frank

fredgarvin

Re: Plaquenal
« Reply #69 on: 24 Mar 2020, 04:55 pm »
I suggest that a reasonable test of Plaquenil could be done much faster.  Start with a couple hundred seriously ill patients, provide Plaquenil treatment for half of them for two weeks and check the results.  If the Plaquenil group does significantly better, it is good to go. Let the lab rats and department heads  twiddle around for another six months if they want to, but in the meantime save lives.
I read a proposal at a certain facility to monitor Doctors treating covid patients and comparing the infection rates of the Dr.'s taking the Chloro against those not. As noted already, it's being used as a treatment currently for those with serious conditions.

avahifi

« Reply #70 on: 24 Mar 2020, 05:02 pm »
Visit this utube channel:

Coronavirus with Stefan Moylneux! CONTROL!

It’s pretty long, but very useful to know.

Frankly

Stu Pitt

« Reply #71 on: 24 Mar 2020, 05:29 pm »
IMO the best long term approach and hope is biotech. Regeneron has genetically engineered mice which have a human immune system. I could bore you with details about how this works, but here’s a Nightly News segment that does a far better job:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NMeeqHYvQZk

Stu Pitt

« Reply #72 on: 24 Mar 2020, 05:33 pm »
As long as the idiocy in America prevails, things will continue to get worse, much worse.
You think the idiocy is limited to America? I’d love to say we’re the best at that and/or anything else, but let’s be serious. Idiocy is in the very core of human DNA :) It knows no nationality, race, gender, et. al.

charmerci

« Reply #73 on: 24 Mar 2020, 05:54 pm »
I started this thread to try to keep all here up to date regarding light at the end of the tunnel possibilities and perhaps maybe even getting brighter due to positive medical and government actions.

Frank
So the plaquenil is something that you get from your doctor IF you have covid-19.
 Here's something else that may help.https://www.michaelwest.com.au/is-the-fix-for-covid19-hiding-in-plain-sight/?fbclid=IwAR2F1PWqGxYWA4qI9wEFiqSWdZ3scH70356CKEEWZ4R3zCG4N9cuPOll3t8

But get a prescription from your doctor first!
Then there's copper.https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/11/151110102147.htm
https://www.copperclothing.com/all-about-coronavirus-what-copper-can-do/

Maybe if you get sick, copper supplements? (But remember, most [85%?] grocery store and GNC type store supplements are bogus.)
And zinc is always good at fighting colds and flus.

genjamon

« Reply #74 on: 24 Mar 2020, 06:07 pm »
Anybody tried six 9’s or UPOCC copper supplements yet? What about cryo? I heard that really kills the bugs quickly!

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #75 on: 24 Mar 2020, 06:32 pm »
Anybody tried six 9’s or UPOCC copper supplements yet? What about cryo? I heard that really kills the bugs quickly!

I thought it was Rap music go figure.  :lol:. Lighten it up.

charles

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #76 on: 24 Mar 2020, 06:52 pm »
Ah, and now Drs are hoarding the drugs for themselves and their families. Nice.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/24/business/coronavirus-doctors-hoard-drugs.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage
So now the people who depend on these drugs to survive are in real jeopardy as availability disappears.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #77 on: 24 Mar 2020, 07:01 pm »
Just saw this

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/bon-jovi-keyboardist-david-bryan-coronavirus-1203542955/

“ He immediately called his doctor, Dr. Mike Rothberg of Brick, NJ, who had access to drive-by testing for the coronavirus, which involved a deep swab up his nose. Two days later, Bryan was informed that he was positive and was immediately prescribed antibiotics — Azithromycin  and hydroxychloroquine (the “anti- malaria drug”) — which he started on Saturday. Two days later, Bryan reports that the medicine is working and he is “getting stronger” while remaining in self-isolation with his wife, Alexis. She, too, has tested positive but is not displaying any of the same symptoms except for a “slight headache for a couple of days.”

Photon46

« Reply #78 on: 24 Mar 2020, 07:54 pm »

The tunnel I am exploring is showing signs of turning into a sewer. Debating good or bad news sources, who is political or not, is not providing information, just noise.

Useful links or comments about medical research welcome and appreciated.

Last chance to get this right.

Frank

The editors and reporters on this site all have phd's or master's degrees in their areas of reporting, one of the best sites I've found yet: https://www.sciencenews.org/

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #79 on: 24 Mar 2020, 08:21 pm »
The editors and reporters on this site all have phd's or master's degrees in their areas of reporting, one of the best sites I've found yet: https://www.sciencenews.org/
Thanks for the link. It looks like a good site.