CES High End Photo Gallery #3 (final)

The Computer Audiophile

• Computer Audiophile
CES High End Photo Gallery #3 (final)
« on: 12 Jan 2008, 12:39 am »
Hey guys - my 3rd and final CES high end gallery is now online. Here is a link to the gallery http://www.computeraudiophile.com/node/136

pbrstreetgang

Re: CES High End Photo Gallery #3 (final)
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2008, 01:43 am »
Great pics, but man I dont know what half of them are of. I know it would be a PITA to put captions but the quality of the pics and the first look on the net deserve it and it would be a credit to you and your site.

A couple of things- the New Benchmark Dac/Pre looks very interesting
Anyone actually ever hear the sonist speakers? Looks promising but nothing on them- besides they dont look too concerned as they left a woofer screw out? Dehaviland didnt say anything?
The new acoustic Zens look nice but is that a hivi ribbon tweet? Also asymetric (or dissimilar woofs all over the place)

The Computer Audiophile

• Computer Audiophile
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2008, 02:22 am »
Great pics, but man I dont know what half of them are of. I know it would be a PITA to put captions but the quality of the pics and the first look on the net deserve it and it would be a credit to you and your site.

A couple of things- the New Benchmark Dac/Pre looks very interesting
Anyone actually ever hear the sonist speakers? Looks promising but nothing on them- besides they dont look too concerned as they left a woofer screw out? Dehaviland didnt say anything?
The new acoustic Zens look nice but is that a hivi ribbon tweet? Also asymetric (or dissimilar woofs all over the place)

Hey pbrstreetgang - I am with you 100% on the captions. I am actually going to caption the photos, but I want to get them up there for everyone to see ASAP. PITA couldn't be more accurate!

The Benchmark PRE is real interesting. Analog inputs and upgrades internally make it work the little increase in price. The Acoustic Zens did look nice, but for some reason they didn't do it for me. They seemed "all hat, no cowboy"

pbrstreetgang

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2008, 03:05 am »
Really the new zens are brighter? The older ones are very nice but just a tad too warm for me.

That new VAC gear on day 2 = OWNZ ALL!!!! Art, you need the new preamp PSU!!

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2008, 06:25 pm »
Anyone actually ever hear the sonist speakers? Looks promising but nothing on them- besides they dont look too concerned as they left a woofer screw out?

I had these in for quite some time while I was helping them voice the speaker and work on the crossover. Initially, they were missing a whole octave in the midrange as he voiced them for use with 300B amplifiers.
 At last listen, they were getting much better with a flatter response but I never went any further with tham and sent them back as they were introducing a new woofer. I was doing this on my own time.
 They had tons of potential and I assume they are 'there' now. I really liked the looks of the speaker as well.

They were very effecient and the ribbon tweeter had a lot of air to it. The speaker overall provided a 'live venue' type of presentation. Reminded me of the daedalus speakers.

Anyone here them at CES?