The Soundcloud Thread

BobM

The Soundcloud Thread
« on: 14 Dec 2019, 11:05 am »
There's obviously a few/lot of you that are musicians as well as audiophiles so I thought it would be nice to share some of your recordings/songs with the rest of the people here at AC, whether they be on Soundcloud or Bandcamp or YouTube or elsewhere. Please post your link to anything you would like to share on this thread and let everyone take a listen and comment on what you've produced. This is not a thread for selling your stuff, it's for sharing your music with the community freely.

Thanks, and lets keep the comments kind and positive.

(I tried posting this on the musicians circle but that forum is deader then disco)

BobM

Re: The Soundcloud Thread
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2019, 11:08 am »
I've recently acquired an Arturia Keylab 88 MK II synth for Christmas. It's been about 20 years since I played keys with any frequency or focus but I'm finding that it comes back somewhat quickly. Here's a link to my page on Soundcloud. I hope you enjoy some of the things I've been putting together as I learn the inner workings of my software and DAW.

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

richidoo

« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2019, 07:09 pm »
Hi Bob,
Your tunes sound good! Keep it up. Nice harmonies and mood. I thought you played accordion, but I didn't know you played keys

I have a lot of old recordings of my bands I'd like to publish.
Soundcloud looks like a nice way to get them online rather than utoob.

But what about copyrights on Soundcloud? My recordings are mostly jazz standards so I think I can't publish them without buying rights? But I see many commercially published recordings on there, but I don't see any Beatles tunes. ;)
Thanks, merry christmas!

BobM

« Reply #3 on: 14 Dec 2019, 09:01 pm »
Hey Rich, good to hear from you. I doubt that anyone is going to go after you for playing a cover of a popular song. You aren't publishing on Soundcloud, only displaying your musical gifts and you're not selling anything either so there's nothing to go after. Go for it and put up the links here. I would love to hear your stuff.

richidoo

« Reply #4 on: 14 Dec 2019, 10:06 pm »
OK cool, thanks Bob. Now gotta see if the old cassettes still work.  :lol:

BobM

« Reply #5 on: 31 Dec 2019, 06:09 pm »
Here's a little New Years treat for you all. Happy New Year and my the world bring you more great music in the coming decade.

Been playing this song to try and get my chops back. I can't play it as fast or as clean as Master Emerson but I think I did a reasonable job. And who the hell knows what Carl Parmer was doing on drums, so my apologies if they sound a bit sloppy at times.

https://soundcloud.com/user-139631929/elp-trilogy