Lampizator Komputer

PhilipAC

Lampizator Komputer
« on: 2 Jan 2016, 01:03 pm »
Hi Berto and Gopher

I was wondering whether one of you guys could summarise the details of the latest Linux version of the Komputer. Lukasz's website is pretty confusing because it has only been partially updated, and bits of it still refer to the old windows model.

One specific question- does it cache the music file before playing it, and if so is there any advantage of having SSD rather than HDD? Would the answer be changed if one was using NAS?

Finally, I currently use a W20 (feeding a GG HeadDAC). Is the Komputer audibly superior in terms of AQ?

Thanks in advance

Philip
« Last Edit: 2 Jan 2016, 02:29 pm by PhilipAC »

wisnon

Re: Lampizator Komputer
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jan 2016, 05:00 pm »
Latest:

Just got onfirmation today. Lampi/Amanero did indeed support LINUX DSD256 via DoP and now (breaking news) supports "Native" as well.
When I asked how come, Lukasz says the version of Linux he uses does and NOT ALL Linux(es) will be able to do this. This works with current stock Amanero.

On another note: the EML Anniversary MESH 45 tube is being tested for SQ now and availability will be mid-Feb. Check out FBook for the update.

wisnon

Re: Lampizator Komputer
« Reply #2 on: 4 Jan 2016, 05:02 pm »
Hi Berto and Gopher

I was wondering whether one of you guys could summarise the details of the latest Linux version of the Komputer. Lukasz's website is pretty confusing because it has only been partially updated, and bits of it still refer to the old windows model.

One specific question- does it cache the music file before playing it, and if so is there any advantage of having SSD rather than HDD? Would the answer be changed if one was using NAS?

Finally, I currently use a W20 (feeding a GG HeadDAC). Is the Komputer audibly superior in terms of AQ?

Thanks in advance

Philip

All I know is that the bespoke version of Linux will run with Daphile playback engine and is at least equal to the AO/JRiver/Bughead SQ.

SSD is only for the playback software and OS, I think.

no clue about the technicalities and comparison to W20. Perhaps you need to wait to hear a demo from Greg?