Nuforce At Singapore AV Show

SLT Tech

Nuforce At Singapore AV Show
« on: 20 Aug 2006, 03:47 pm »
Hi All,

Here's a shot of the Nuforce room at our recently concluded local AV Show:

System comprised Ref 8 + Ref 9SE + S9 (final prototype) + Heavily-modded Oppo DV-970HD. Cables were an assortment of Acrolink interconnects & powercords. And the sound? Simply AWESOME, in our opinion! :) Although we had a lot of fun putting on a full spectrum of music to showcase the sheer depth and ability of the Nuforce system, the one that consistently blew everyone away was the Sheffield Drum & Track CD - we were cranking this one almost all the way up, and the sound was absolutely effortless & glorious, with incredible, virtually limitless dynamics & slam that simply had to be heard to be believed!

But we're not the only ones that think so - we’re already getting buzz from the local internet forums, with comments like:

“Nuforce room sounded very good to me. Definitely something worth exploring further into”

“The Magico, Linn, Soundscape, Audionote (non Totem), Jamo (the open baffle), Dynaudio, NuForce, and HER's SF blew me away”

“The one that attract me is the Nuforce S-9 Speaker - The low is really good, deep & punchy”

But what was sweetest were comments from some of the other exhibitors – the folks from Wilson Audio came to our room the night just before the show, and commented to one of our guys that the sound from the Nuforce system was excellent, punchy, with a BIG sound for the money! Ditto for the guys from Linn, who were astonished that we could get this level of musical sound quality with virtually no room treatment (everyone else had tons of bass traps, acoustic foam, etc in their rooms – we left ours bare just to be different and to prove the point that you don't necessarily have to spend crazy money to get good sound). :lol:

We can't wait to get our hands on the production S9's - this speaker RULES! :thumb:

EAmin

Re: Nuforce At Singapore AV Show
« Reply #1 on: 24 Aug 2006, 11:57 pm »
Beautiful speakers!  Any pictures with the speaker grilles?

SLT Tech

« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2006, 01:24 am »
Nope, the speaker came without grilles. But the woodwork is so gorgeous, it'll be almost be a sin to cover it up with a grille.

ooheadsoo

« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2006, 01:33 am »
I think Bob said at the Los Angeles debut that they don't come with grills but that they could be fabricated - but I'm not sure about the second half of what I said.  I do know for sure that they don't come with grills and aren't supposed to. 

I heard the more or less final version at the LAOCAS meeting last sunday, and I agree with what has been said in this thread.  They play unbelievably big, I just couldn't associate that big sound with coming from such small/moderately sized speakers.  They played plenty low enough for probably just about anything except organ works.

Here's a link to the speakers: http://nuforce.com/products-speakers.htm

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 25 Aug 2006, 02:21 am »
For freq below 36 hz, we think S-9 should be paired with subwoofer.
I heard rumor that Nuforce is working on a subwoofer  :wink:
Grill will just destroy the look of this speaker.
LAOCAS meeting room is not ideal but demonstrated the capability of S-9.
We'll make sure that S-9 will be at RMAF.
With the external crossover, this speaker can be tweeked  :thumb:

I am sure you realized that the speaker shown in Singapore is the earlier version. Some people might  prefer this rounded version. We went with the more squarish version so that it can be used as a center speaker or mounted in wall (eeew!) for home theater use.