The Move

Louis O

The Move
« on: 1 Aug 2010, 12:19 pm »
Hi,

Well finally the move is going on right now. I'm very excited about the new place and can’t wait to get settled in. A lot of stuff to move and found a bunch of stuff I thought I didn't have.

The new place is much better and I will have more space too.

Things that will happen in August.

The separation of the line into 3 companies and websites.
The new Hoyt Bedford debut.
Omegamicro is the 4.5" line.
An update on the Alnico 4.5". This one is has taken too long and I have to figure it out economically.

Stick 6 pictures

Also have to sort out all the stuff that has been here and have a moving sale.
I have a lot of 4.5 Fostex and may build some original super 3s

The phone and internet will be back on Tuesday of next week.

Thanks again,
Louis

Eadron

Re: The Move
« Reply #1 on: 1 Aug 2010, 01:31 pm »
Louis, congrats and very nice to hear from you! Sorry to hear about 4,5" alnico. But you seems to have very interesting things coming up..looking forward to hearing the new Stick 6 eventually  :thumb:!!

Jouni

nature boy

« Reply #2 on: 1 Aug 2010, 01:40 pm »
Louis,

Congratulations on the move, good luck with sorting and transitioning to three separate companies.  Looking forward to your future product offerings, as the purchase of George's Omega Revolutions w/ 8" alnico's have really improved the sound of my system tremendously.

Hope you and your family get a chance to enjoy this respite of nice weather.

Cheers,

NB

SuperXRSSeattle

« Reply #3 on: 2 Aug 2010, 09:01 pm »
Alright!, Congrats on finding a new space. Can't wait to see the Stick's I think that may be my next Omega purchase.

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #4 on: 3 Aug 2010, 04:07 pm »
I wish you the best in this new era for you Louis !

I need to check something with you, do you have a new phone number ?

Anyway, check your email please.

Eduardo G
www.armonia-av.com
Mexico

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #5 on: 3 Aug 2010, 06:15 pm »
Sorry for the OT:

Louis I am interested in SUper 6 Alnico speakers with maple finish.

Please let me know what's the time for building and shipping, thanks

Louis O

« Reply #6 on: 6 Aug 2010, 10:30 pm »
Hi All,

Many thanks and all is well. Finally got the shop sort of in order, but the good news is the phones and the web are set up.

The phone number is the same and still in Norwalk CT. Closer to the beach though.

Got a lot to do with the new line and the separation. Should be fun.

Thanks,
Louis

Louis O

« Reply #7 on: 27 Aug 2010, 10:27 pm »
Hi All,

Looks like the move is pretty much done. I have the shop all set up and this was the hard part. Now I have to adjust and settle in. It's very nice and happy how turned out. The sound room is next and this should be done very soon.

The whole thing wasn't as bad as I thought.

The new Hoyt Bedford line has been held up a little and due to the drivers coming in slightly wrong. I had to send them all back. they are making new ones right now. Will have pictures up once they arrive.

This line should be a lot of fun and a great price point.
Alnico 4.5 is hanging in there. I have to decide on a few things to make it work. This has everything to do with costs.

I'm still scheduling a split up of the line and I think it will make it all less confusing.

It will go as
6 and 8 alnico
Hoyt Bedford
4.5 line.
Subs will go with everything.

More on the way.

Thanks again,
Louis

gotspeakers

« Reply #8 on: 4 Sep 2010, 02:22 pm »
Why on Earth would you sperate the company into 3?  Seems like a bad idea.  Lots of confusion, questions about compatibility, etc.  Who is Hoyt Bedford, and why on Earth would you put his name on your stuff???  You would be better off giving the website, and product a facelift.  Why 3 sites when your current site hasn't seen an update in years????

It's none of my business, but it seems like a waste of time.  You want MORE name recognition, not to divide what little recogbition you have 3 ways.

Resale value SUCKS on Omega stuff, not becuse it's not good, but because it is not well known, and the line keeps changing without direction.  The Max Hemp Alnicos that would have been close to or over 4K with matching pedistals....won't fetch $1500 in MINT SHAPE!!!!  In Alpine Gold for goodness sake.

Change is good, but logical focused change.

I hope it works out for you, but seems like a terrible idea.

J

ZLS

« Reply #9 on: 4 Sep 2010, 04:17 pm »
Why on Earth would you sperate the company into 3?  Seems like a bad idea.  Lots of confusion, questions about compatibility, etc.  Who is Hoyt Bedford, and why on Earth would you put his name on your stuff???  You would be better off giving the website, and product a facelift.  Why 3 sites when your current site hasn't seen an update in years????

It's none of my business, but it seems like a waste of time.  You want MORE name recognition, not to divide what little recogbition you have 3 ways.

Resale value SUCKS on Omega stuff, not becuse it's not good, but because it is not well known, and the line keeps changing without direction.  The Max Hemp Alnicos that would have been close to or over 4K with matching pedistals....won't fetch $1500 in MINT SHAPE!!!!  In Alpine Gold for goodness sake.

Change is good, but logical focused change.

I hope it works out for you, but seems like a terrible idea.

J

You are right; it is none of your business. 

Methinks that you are a troll, so please go back where you came from

Now

bigjppop

« Reply #10 on: 4 Sep 2010, 04:50 pm »
You know, I think maybe the thought was not terribly "diplomatically" framed, but I have to say... I somewhat agree.  I'm sure Louis is a smart guy and he doesn't have to explain his business designs to a bunch of crazies like us that hang out and read audio forums on the internet, but it does seem like it will create a HUGE amount of work trying to run three separate organizations.  Three separate websites, three separate manufacturing setups, three separate billing/accounting processes, etc, etc, etc. 

Like I said, I'm sure Louis has his reasons but they do leave me a little curious.  Regardless, I enjoy my little Omega speakers and I'll keep enjoying them for a while longer.

tabrink

• lake life is good
« Reply #11 on: 5 Sep 2010, 05:16 am »
Dudes,
Louis owes nobody anything as he builds a spectacular product and can market anyway he wants to and don't try to drag one of the AUDIO  WORLD bright stars down to your level.
He is a role model we should all want to be.
I hope he just ignores this thread! 
 Louis answers to no one but a higher authority than these trolls. As do I.
When you have Omega speakers who really cares about resale as you will never sell them. Such bogus internet garbage.
My friend Louis hand built my SuperHemps and they have EARNED a lifetime spot in my home and re-sale has never ever crossed my mind.
In fact he is holding another pair of Omegas  for my photography studio as well when I get the funds..
I do not care how Louis runs his business I only care that Louis has shown he cares about us.
I really think this is a non issue  as he makes it, we buy it!

audiowhore

« Reply #12 on: 6 Sep 2010, 03:06 am »
I agree!Just keep on doing what you do best."Bringing music into our homes"Thank you Louis...How are my subs doing? Jim

Louis O

« Reply #13 on: 7 Sep 2010, 09:33 pm »
Hi,

Many thanks for the support and is much appreciated.

I think it's a good idea and I want to separate the line that's all.
I think that it would be much easier this way. They are all single drivers and they are also different from one another. The sites will be linked together and Omega will be hemp and alnico. The Hoyt-Bedford has the new 8" drivers and the 4.5” will be their own.

I could put it all on one site and have sub categories and such, but this way is cleaner and more focused. It's not marketing at all. All I want to do is keep it very easy. I posted this separation up front.

Maybe I'll keep the 4.5" speakers with Omega and Hoyt separate, as it's totally different.

Hoyt Bedford is a special name for me and I named it after my Dad's shop.

Major updates will happen when the new site opens.

Thanks again,
Louis

« Last Edit: 7 Sep 2010, 10:43 pm by Louis O »

Louis O

« Reply #14 on: 7 Sep 2010, 09:38 pm »
Hi All,

Thanks and I will have another raffle style free drawing for a pair of Hoyt monitors.

Thanks,
Louis

AudioAddiction

« Reply #15 on: 7 Sep 2010, 11:43 pm »
I am in full support for Louis on this one.  Seperating the lines will make it much easier to understand the core product of Omega which in my opinion consists of the Super 6 and Super 8 series.  Seperating the others out makes a lot of sense. 

Keep doing what you're doing Louis - making great sounding speakers at reasonable and fair prices.  The product sells itself all you need to do is make it easy for people to understand the range that you offer.   :D

Louis O

« Reply #16 on: 10 Sep 2010, 10:52 pm »
Hi Tony,

Many thanks and I appreciate the support.

This is exactly what I'm trying to do with the line. The new line will be very affordable.
I wish the drivers weren't delayed, but they should be finally in by next week.

I will post pictures asap.

Thanks again,
Louis

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #17 on: 11 Sep 2010, 12:18 am »
Well finally the move is going on right now. I'm very excited about the new place and can’t wait to get settled in. A lot of stuff to move and found a bunch of stuff I thought I didn't have.

Hey Louie,

Congrats on the big move - I'm glad to hear you moved into a new shop and I hope this one works out a lot better for you.   :beer:

Don't forget to post pictures when you are all set up and settled in!

Louis owes nobody anything as he builds a spectacular product and can market anyway he wants to and don't try to drag one of the AUDIO  WORLD bright stars down to your level.
He is a role model we should all want to be.
I hope he just ignores this thread! 

Tabrink - you are right on!  Louis trusts his heart and does things his way, and he sure knows how to treat his customers right and hand-builds a fine product from start to finish.  I learned a lot from him when I started out and I believe that starting a new company will honor his father, and you know he will succeed.

The way in which Louis responded to that negative post above shows you how Louis takes the high road time and time again...

Wishing you all the best, Louie!

Vinnie

ZLS

« Reply #18 on: 11 Sep 2010, 04:06 am »
Hey Louie,

Congrats on the big move - I'm glad to hear you moved into a new shop and I hope this one works out a lot better for you.   :beer:

Don't forget to post pictures when you are all set up and settled in!

Tabrink - you are right on!  Louis trusts his heart and does things his way, and he sure knows how to treat his customers right and hand-builds a fine product from start to finish.  I learned a lot from him when I started out and I believe that starting a new company will honor his father, and you know he will succeed.

The way in which Louis responded to that negative post above shows you how Louis takes the high road time and time again...

Wishing you all the best, Louie!

Vinnie

Classy Post Vinnie; Very Classy Post. 

Louis O

« Reply #19 on: 11 Sep 2010, 10:50 pm »
Classy indeed and many thanks Vinnie.

We both learned a lot from each other especially during the early days. Fun times too.

Heard that you have moved as well and an also an addition to your growing family. Congratulations, I saw your pictures and she looks adorable.

Hope to get pictures up when the sound room is finished. Have a lot to do to get this done. Look forward to it.

Would like to have a mini show here in Norwalk some time in the future and I would be happy if you can set up with me and Tommy in NJ.

A one day event at the Hilton.

Talk to you soon,
Louie