Omega Mini Me - Very Old Speaker , New Customer Service Experience.

Bostown

• BASS CLUB [Boston Audio Stereo & Social Club]
    • Second Time Sound - Audio Gear Re-Purposed
I acquired a set of mini me recently  (a legacy product ), and had a question about using the speakers with a sub and finding replacement grills.    I struck out on the Grills but wanted to share how nice the gentleman was who took my call.  ( didn't get his name).  He was extremely pleasant , happy to assist and shared some technical advice on mating this much older speaker system with a sub. 

To the Mystery phone guy ( I assume it may have been the Owner ). I appreciate you taking the minute or 2  to answer my question instead of directing me to an email or spouting off the more common response by large manufacturers " we no longer support this product"  which is code for , if you haven't bought anything NEW from us, don't bother us. -   

I will certainly be in the market for an updated speaker system and interactions like the one I had with Omega will certainly make me a current customer.   

Thanks again.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
Bostown,

You spoke to Louis Chochos, the owner.  One of the nicest people I personally know.  You will always be treated first class, not to mention he makes fabulous speakers.

Listening to my first Omegas several years ago was like the first time I rode a Harley-Davidson; I couldn't be happy with anything else after that.

Louis O

Hi Bostown,

Many thanks for your post and welcome to our forum. Canada Rob is correct and you spoke with me. I really appreciate your kind words as well as Rob's. I'm always here to help and will answer all questions regardless if they are for the current products or the older ones from the past. It was great speaking with you too.

Thanks and welcome to Omega,
Louis

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
You spoke to Louis Chochos, the owner.  One of the nicest people I personally know.  You will always be treated first class, not to mention he makes fabulous speakers.

I couldn't agree more.

Louis O

Thanks opnly bafld I appreciate it.

Thanks again,
Louis

Bostown

is anyone still actively using their Omega Mini-me?  if so are you running them alone or with a sub? 

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
Bostown,

I have not heard the Mini-me, but have heard the old HempCone Super 3i with both the Deep Hemp sub and Deep Hemp Cube (not both subs at the same time).  Even though I found the bass satisfying on the speakers, the subs definitely added that extra dimension on the bottom end.  Almost any small speaker will benefit from a sub, and I don't know of a better value sub than what Louis builds, not to mention they are a beautiful match for his speakers sonically, and many finishes are available for them. 

sts9fan

What's the deal with "Boston Audio and Stereo Club"?

Bostown

reviving an old thread to ask...

Does anyone know the dimensions of the grills that were used on the MINI-ME speakers?  I understand that they are no longer available ( Long time gone). but I have a buddy who might be able to fabricate a set for me in his wood shop.   I've actually never seen a set of the grills so a pic and dimensions would be greatly appreciated.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
Hello Bostown,

I'm not sure the Mini-Me ever had grills.  If they have no grill holes in the front baffle, check for hidden magnets using a steel nut (with some paper towel so you don't risk scratching the front of the speaker).  No holes and no magnets would indicate they never had grills in the first place.

Bostown

I'll check for Magnets hidden behind the veneer of the baffle this weekend.    Still a pretty cool speaker system as I commented on previously.  The cutoff frequency on the passive hi pass filter I'm using is 80hz, everything beyond that goes to a Martin Logan sub.   not too shabby!

spwath

Hi, sorry for reviving an old thread, but I was wondering what the Omega Min Me were worth?

I found a pair used for 125$, is this a good deal?

Guy 13

Sorry that I cannot help you,
but I don't want to miss the oportunity to wish you
a warm welcome to AudioCircle Mr. spwath

Guy 13

TEA FOR ONE

Hi, sorry for reviving an old thread, but I was wondering what the Omega Min Me were worth?

I found a pair used for 125$, is this a good deal?

pm sent