Hurricane Florence: Rick how you and yours doing? Safe I hope.

Sparks

Just wondering how it's going in your neck of the woods?
Hope all are safe, sound & dry.

adminRH

• Admin
I've not talked to Rick, but the NC Triangle area was spared much of the worst of Hurricane Florence. We got about 4" rain and wind gusts stayed mostly below 30mph.

We have friends and work colleagues that stayed down on the coast where the eye went right over them. Scary!

The worst of it is still to come as rain runoff causes rivers to overflow. After Floyd the waters continued to rise for a week after the storm and stayed up for a month. A stretch of I40 was 3 feet underwater. Flo dumped much more rain than Floyd.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Just wondering how it's going in your neck of the woods?
Hope all are safe, sound & dry.

I'm doing well - thanks for asking. We were spared the brunt of the storm but  those living south and east of us have been hit really hard. I spent a week with a team helping after Katrina. I would encourage anyone who can to do the same for those affected by Florence. It will make you humble and appreciative for what you have.

Sparks

Good to hear.
I'm not up to date on my Carolinas geography.
Seemed most of the coverage was concentrated on the coastal areas but they said that flooding could be serious inland.
I have some friends who live on The Strand.
They headed for the hills last Wednesday.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Good to hear.
I'm not up to date on my Carolinas geography.
Seemed most of the coverage was concentrated on the coastal areas but they said that flooding could be serious inland.
I have some friends who live on The Strand.
They headed for the hills last Wednesday.

We were actually in the original projected path then the models drastically changed a few days later as it came closer to the coast. There has been quite a bit of flooding, even extending to the western part of the state.