Eli Manning gets no help today from his Team!

Bigfish

Eli Manning gets no help today from his Team!
« on: 27 Dec 2009, 09:26 pm »
I wonder if the rest of you football fans are as much in shock as I am at the play of the Giants today?  I had the Giants as a pretty certain playoff team and it seemed to me as the whole team with the exception of Eli laid an egg.  This team, like my Steelers, will have questions to ponder in the off season!

Ken

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: Eli Manning gets no help today from his Team!
« Reply #1 on: 27 Dec 2009, 10:50 pm »
I wouldn't be so quick to let Eli off the hook. I remember a moment in time during the 2nd quarter when Eli was chastising the whole offensive squad after having just finished a 3 n' out. Eli then went out on the very next series and immediately threw an interception. Nope that game was a team effort IMHO, Eli included. And the Meadowland crowd boo'd on,,,,,  :flak:

I hear Buffalo's looking to unload an unused T.O.  :o

Cheers,
Robin

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #2 on: 27 Dec 2009, 10:56 pm »
Eli didn't play that badly and he definitely wasn't the reason they got smoked. 

The Giants got smoked because they couldn't play defense (yet again) and couldn't run the ball.  The passing game was ok and was actually a strength for the entire season.  The Giants pretty much rank in the top five in most passing/receiving categories.

Not sure what the off season will hold in store for the Giants, but having one of the worst loses in the history of Giants Stadium (33 years) in the last game the Giants will ever play there was not what any Giants' fan was hoping for going into the game.

George

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #3 on: 27 Dec 2009, 11:10 pm »
Not sure what the off season will hold in store for the Giants, but having one of the worst loses in the history of Giants Stadium (33 years) in the last game the Giants will ever play there was not what any Giants' fan was hoping for going into the game.

George

Yeah I hear ya George, the Dallas fans had to go thru the same losing situation last year in their last game in Dallas Stadium.  :oops:  No team wants to go out like that for their fans.

Cheers,
Robin

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #4 on: 27 Dec 2009, 11:20 pm »
It's like they shot themselves in the leg!  :lol:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 28 Dec 2009, 12:34 am »
It's like they shot themselves in the leg!  :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, the Giants really wilted down the stretch.  They're just looking pathetic now.