Some outdoorsman karma

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Some outdoorsman karma
« on: 15 Mar 2024, 11:48 am »
So while I figure this will be of fairly limited interest, thought I'd give ya'll a shot before I donate them or pitch them. I have 11 vintage USGS topo maps of the Northern Idaho and Eastern Washington area that might be of interest to someone who's an avid camper, hiker, etc. They date from the early to mid '70s, but the topology hasn't changed in that area to my knowledge. So if they would be of use or interest to you, here's your chance for some great maps at the 'right price'.

Pick a number between 1 & 50, between now and April 1st. I'll draw numbers, or try one of those random generator thingies, and ship them to you via USPS Media Mail. I used a few of the Idaho ones back in the day when I was still camping, and it's hard to beat their detailed information. Good luck.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
Re: Some outdoorsman karma
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2024, 03:35 pm »
Don't throw it away. Give it to a library or something.

Charles Xavier

« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2024, 04:52 pm »

ArthurDent

« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2024, 05:44 pm »
Don't throw it away. Give it to a library or something.

Good idea mix, hadn't thought of the library. Thanks for the thought.  :thumb:  Looks like I've got at least 1 interested party, so won't have to go that route.

Charles Xavier

« Reply #4 on: 16 Mar 2024, 10:15 am »
Good idea mix, hadn't thought of the library. Thanks for the thought.  :thumb:  Looks like I've got at least 1 interested party, so won't have to go that route.

I know a 10 year old that would love these.

ArthurDent

« Reply #5 on: 18 Mar 2024, 02:19 pm »
OK, as noted expected limited response on this, though not quite as limited as has occurred. So, going to call it early, and award these to Charles X, and the budding young map reader. I hope you & the youngster enjoy them. If you'll PM me with your info I'll shove them in a tube and try to get them out by week's end.

Thanks Charles for not letting these go by the wayside. Congrats  :thumb:

Charles Xavier