LDR3 & LDR6 Passive Preamps

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Innovated passive & active preamp technology
    • Tortuga Audio
LDR3 & LDR6 Passive Preamps
« Reply #20 on: 26 Feb 2014, 01:58 am »
Based on input from current and prospective customers, we are retiring the LDR1 effective immediately and replacing it with the LDR3.

The LDR3 will be similar in every respect to the LDR1 except that it will accommodate 3 inputs rather than just the single input of the LDR1. The LDR3 will also support similar dual parallel outputs.

We are calling the LDR3 our “Goldilocks” passive preamp. Not too few inputs like the LDR1 and not too many like the LDR6. Just right with 3 inputs & 2 outputs.

We are  pleased to be offering the LDR3 at the same price as the LDR1 – $1195.

We will continue to offer the higher input capacity LDR6  with its 3 additional inputs and only a single output. In keeping with the improved price to value of the LDR1 we are pleased to be offering the LDR6 at the now reduced price point of $1295.

Cheers,
Morten

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
Re: LDR3 & LDR6 Passive Preamps
« Reply #21 on: 19 Mar 2014, 06:36 pm »
We are finally shipping the LDR3 Passive Preamps. The LDR3 has taken the place of the LDR1.
Check out those gorgeous Cardas RCA jacks. Too bad they're not on the front!
The LDR3 also includes the new low noise switch mode dc power converter.

Check out the LDR3: http://www.tortugaaudio.com/product/ldr3-passive-preamp/

Cheers, :D
Morten

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
LDR3 Customer Feedback
« Reply #22 on: 14 May 2014, 11:19 am »
I live for notes like this. Recent email from an LDR3 customer contained the following paragraph...

"Overall, I'm enjoying the Tortuga LDR3 immensely.  It's mating up to the Job 225 seamlessly and I feel it's leaps and bounds better than any TVC I've heard and used in my own setup.  For the first time since I've joined this hobby, I finally feel like I'm listening to real music, and not a reproduction of music.  All curiosity of "should I upgrade this or that" has seemed to disappear and all I'm left with is enjoyment of music in it's truest form.  Thank you so much for what I believe to be my best purchase ever made in audio."  - Steven Zaointz

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #23 on: 13 Jul 2014, 01:14 pm »
A brief note to advise that with the imminent release of the new LDRx and LDRxB Passive Preamp models, that we have suspended sales of the LDR3 and LDR6.

Info on the new LDRx and LDRxB can be found here: http://www.tortugaaudio.com/product/ldrx-ldrxb-passive-preamps/

These new models are currently available for pre-order at a 10% discount. The discount period ends  they're released. Plus with pre-orders you don't make any payments until such time as the new models are released and begin to ship.

Cheers,
Morten :thumb:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #24 on: 13 Jul 2014, 01:31 pm »
Can you PM the cost to do a 3 input, 2 output SE unit as a kit, less the case?  I'd want to make my own box.  This is a project I may or may not have time to slip in this summer.  Lots going on right now.