AUDIO GD M7 and rj45 pinout

ALRAINBOW

AUDIO GD M7 and rj45 pinout
« on: 8 Oct 2013, 02:08 am »
Does the cable that empirical seals work with the pin out on the audio gd M7 dac I2S input ??

audioengr

Re: AUDIO GD M7 and rj45 pinout
« Reply #1 on: 8 Oct 2013, 05:34 pm »
Does the cable that empirical seals work with the pin out on the audio gd M7 dac I2S input ??

It does work, but may need a custom cable.  Do you have the pinout of the RJ-45 connector?

I have a customer doing this.  The Off-Ramp 5 may also need a small mod to make sure the muting works right.

Steve N.
« Last Edit: 8 Oct 2013, 07:04 pm by audioengr »

ALRAINBOW

« Reply #2 on: 8 Oct 2013, 05:39 pm »
Yes I can get diagram . I will attach in my next reply
Thanks

ALRAINBOW

« Reply #3 on: 8 Oct 2013, 09:51 pm »
Here is the pin out

I2S input format:
( 3.3V level ,  we can't guarantee the I2S input can cooperate with all I2S output devices.
( The I2S transmit want to take care the transmit cable  )
Pin 1 : SDATA
Pin 3 : LRCK
Pin 5 : SCLK
Pin 7 : MCLK
Pin 2,4,6,8 GND

audioengr

« Reply #4 on: 8 Oct 2013, 11:54 pm »
Here is the pin out

I2S input format:
( 3.3V level ,  we can't guarantee the I2S input can cooperate with all I2S output devices.
( The I2S transmit want to take care the transmit cable  )
Pin 1 : SDATA
Pin 3 : LRCK
Pin 5 : SCLK
Pin 7 : MCLK
Pin 2,4,6,8 GND

It is a bit swizzled, but an adapter cable can be easily built by Revelation or others.  If you order a Revelation, I will instruct him to swizzle it.

Pin 1 - SCLK
 Pin 2 - SCLK return
 Pin 3 - SDATA
 Pin 4 - SDATA return
 Pin 5 - L/RCLK
 Pin 6 - L/RCLK return
 Pin 7 - MCLK
 Pin 8 - MCLK return

Steve N.

ALRAINBOW

« Reply #5 on: 9 Oct 2013, 12:04 am »
Sounds ok to me. How do I proceed?

audioengr

« Reply #6 on: 9 Oct 2013, 03:04 am »
Sounds ok to me. How do I proceed?

email me.  I am leaving for RMAF tomorrow, so I'll be reading my email sporadically.

Steve N.

ALRAINBOW

« Reply #7 on: 9 Oct 2013, 08:03 pm »
My email is BALDINO472003@msn.com ,  sorry I do not have yours.

Al D

arledgsc

« Reply #8 on: 23 Oct 2013, 03:16 pm »
I received my Off Ramp 5 (Turboed and I2S Hynes Reg) yesterday and had it up and working in about 10 minutes with my Audio GD Master 7.  I built my own short I2S cable from CAT 5 with the pinouts above and works OK.   I'll be exploring other cable options down the road when my pocketbook recovers! 

And notice an immediate difference in sound that is profound.  Much less sibilance, less smear, and better imaging compared to the Master 7's USB32 interface.   And even sounds better than the Audiophilleo 1 + PP which is really good with the TI DIR9001 SPDIF receiver chip on Input #1.  And yes cymbals, bells, etc. do sound better with the Off Ramp and is further improving with a little run in time.  Finally a great DAC made even better!  Winner so far!
« Last Edit: 24 Oct 2013, 02:17 pm by arledgsc »

audioengr

« Reply #9 on: 23 Oct 2013, 05:45 pm »
I received my Off Ramp 5 (Turboed and I2S Hines Reg) yesterday and had it up and working in about 10 minutes with my Audio GD Master 7.  I built my own short cable from CAT 5 I2S cable with pinouts above and works OK.   I'll be exploring other cable options down the road when my pocketbook recovers! 

And notice an immediate difference in sound that is profound.  Much less sibilance, less smear, and better imaging compared to the Master 7's USB32 interface.   And even sounds better than the Audiophilleo 1 + PP which sounds really good with the TI DIR9001 SPDIF receiver chip on Input #1.  And yes cymbals, bells, etc. do sound better with the Off Ramp and the sound is further improving with a little run in time.  Finally a great DAC made even better!  Winner so far!

I'm pleased that you are getting good results.  A better silver I2S cable will make a big difference.  I abandoned CAT5 10 years ago.

My new Dynamo power supply upgrade for the AC adapter will also make a big difference.  The Dynamo will be available on the website maybe later today.

You haven't heard it at its best yet!!

Steve N.
« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2013, 07:15 pm by audioengr »

arledgsc

« Reply #10 on: 2 Nov 2013, 05:33 pm »
I'm a cable believer now.  With CAT 5e cable stock the shorter the cable the better.  I have a 3" CAT 5e cable between the OR5 and Master 7 and the sound is extraordinary.   Not as good sound with 6 inch and even worse at 18 inches. 

I found some nice silvered CAT 7a cable stock (Viablue EP7S sold by the meter) plus shielded CAT 6 plugs and put in an order so will put together an even better cable in the near future.  But I think one key to sonic nirvana is to use as short of cable as practical. 

audioengr

« Reply #11 on: 2 Nov 2013, 07:19 pm »
I'm a cable believer now.  With CAT 5e cable stock the shorter the cable the better.  I have a 3" CAT 5e cable between the OR5 and Master 7 and the sound is extraordinary.   Not as good sound with 6 inch and even worse at 18 inches. 

I found some nice silvered CAT 7a cable stock (Viablue EP7S sold by the meter) plus shielded CAT 6 plugs and put in an order so will put together an even better cable in the near future.  But I think one key to sonic nirvana is to use as short of cable as practical.

There should be sweet spots at about 6 inches or less and at 1.5-2m.  If you go with the longer sweet-spot, it is critical to use really good cable, such as good silver.  For the short sweet-spot, lesser cable will do.

Steve N.