Rock MK III with original paperwork

buckeyefanandy

Rock MK III with original paperwork
« on: 18 May 2013, 11:37 pm »
I have a well preserved Rock MK III TT with all the original paperwork and parts. 

It has a new sink bladder.

PM me number so I can send pics. 

Asking $600 obo.  Trades also considered.

roscoeiii

Re: Rock MK III with original paperwork
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2013, 01:14 pm »
Does this include an arm?

buckeyefanandy

« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2013, 03:15 pm »
No arm. 

sunnydaze

« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2013, 04:35 pm »
If in good shape this is a great deal.  I've been listening to mine since 1997, and it still satisfies.

No need to go crazy on the arm......$200 to $800 in the used market will yield great sound.  I am currently using a Linn Ittok, about $750 used.   The Linn Akito I tried was very synergistic and can be had really cheap used.....like 200 bux.    And of course, any of the Regas and its variants work well and are cheap.  The best sound I got was with a Kuzma Stogi and my Kuzma Stogi Reference.  Really really good, but they cost a bit more.

For $800 to $1300, table + arm, the sound will be tough to beat.

roscoeiii

« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2013, 04:37 pm »
Yeah, I think the Rock IIIs used a Rega mounting geometry (correct me if I am wrong). The Audiomods arm I have for sale would also be a great match for this table, and you would have one helluva nice sounding set-up.

buckeyefanandy

« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2013, 07:32 pm »
That is what I was thinking, but life is good and a new baby means I am giving up my listening room/office and changing things up.  No longer want to deal with all the intricacies of the vinyl set up.  Maybe will revisit in 35 years when I am thinking retirement. 

It comes with the arm board for both the Rega arm and a Hadcock 242 arm.

buckeyefanandy

« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2013, 07:38 pm »
I have replied to all 11 of the PMs.  None of the trade offers work for me, but I am reasonable.  My other hobby that eats too much time and money are watches.  Would also be interested in non audio trades.

I will give some more thought to the items based on several requests.  Local or regional (Ohio and surrounding states) go to the top of the list.

watercourse

« Reply #7 on: 19 May 2013, 07:40 pm »
Does one of the pics show a foot that is bent, or is that an optical illusion?

buckeyefanandy

« Reply #8 on: 19 May 2013, 08:27 pm »
That is not an optical illusion, but it is not bent either.  The front left "leg" is towed in.  It came to me that way and does not impact the functionality of the "leg"  I always used a vibrapod and aftermarket cone in place of the stock options. 

buckeyefanandy

« Reply #9 on: 20 May 2013, 03:33 am »
Price Drop

$575.00

buckeyefanandy

« Reply #10 on: 21 May 2013, 04:21 pm »
On hold pending payment/trade negotiation.

buckeyefanandy

« Reply #11 on: 23 May 2013, 01:38 am »
Back on the market, trade did not work out. 

Will do $550 plush shipping,,,,

buckeyefanandy

« Reply #12 on: 23 May 2013, 04:23 am »
On hold pending Payment.  Off to a home to be loved by the next owner.

buckeyefanandy

« Reply #13 on: 25 May 2013, 02:42 pm »
Available and lowered to $500

watercourse

« Reply #14 on: 25 May 2013, 08:37 pm »
Multiple PMs sent.

buckeyefanandy

« Reply #15 on: 26 May 2013, 03:31 am »
Sold to Watercourse.

buckeyefanandy

« Reply #16 on: 2 Nov 2013, 05:12 pm »
The table sold, but the buyer requested refund before shipping, so the table is back for sale.  I do wish i had the time and patience to get this up and spinning, but that is not likely to happen any time soon. 

Looking for any trade ideas or local guys who would like to demo the unit.  Please not the one foot on the front was at some point "twisted"  I have been told it was an easy fix, but I am not daring enough to try it.  I used vibrapods and cones with great success. 

$475 plush shipping....

sunnydaze

« Reply #17 on: 2 Nov 2013, 07:37 pm »
Someone should jump on this...it is a GREAT deal!

Still using mine since 1997.  Just recently, in an effort to "upgrade",  I bought another high-end analog setup,  retail over $6.5k.   The Rock hangs with it and is surely not embarrassed.  It's a real over-achiever that folks shy away from simply because it's old.   But I'd put this up against many of the popular names that always pop up these days.  Blows away Linn.  Not even close.

Put a Kuzma Stogi arm on it, and it plays with the big boys.  I speak from experience.  I've seen the arm used for around 800 bux.  But act quick,  next one I see I'm buying!     8)

Oh, and I would'nt worry a lick about the bent leg.  It is simply a glorified hex bolt that screws into threads in the plinth.  There's a wide variety of spikes, cones and other forms of snake oil that will work just fine.      :wink:    Or just goto the hardware store and buy a bolt for pennies.  Do whatever you want in the way of isolation, cushioning, coupling etc to the head that sits on the shelf.  Unless of course, the threaded inert itself is bent.  That may be a problem.

No affiliation with the seller.  Just wanna pass on my experience, and see someone get a good deal.  Set up right, and this table will satisfy.   Don't know how you can beat it for even multiples more.   :thumb:

roscoeiii

« Reply #18 on: 2 Nov 2013, 08:14 pm »
Agreed. A killer deal for a great table. The trough rules!

watercourse

« Reply #19 on: 11 Nov 2013, 10:39 pm »
Yes, I'm sorry I had to back out, but I'll bet you this table would be hard to beat with the Audiomods arm I have for sale  :lol:

I was going to directly compare the Rock III / Audiomods combo to the Simplex, and I have the sneaking suspicion that the Rock and Audiomods would have been at least equivalent, for less than the Simplex. But now I am in different financial straits...

Good luck with the sale, Andy.