Exotica 3's in double-dye burled maple - SOLD

jsalk

Exotica 3's in double-dye burled maple - SOLD
« on: 12 Oct 2018, 06:24 pm »
It's time to replace our Exotica3 demo speakers so we can build a new demo speakers.  (We like to swap out our demo speakers so we can show new finishes. And we can't build new ones until we can find a new homes for our existing speakers.)  So this pair is now available.

This pair is one of the nicest finishes we have done.  We started with 44 sheets of burled maple and quarter-matched them.  So each panel has four sheets of veneer.  And yet, the fronts, sides, backs and tops all match...quite a feat and Luis did his usual great job on them. And the quarter-match results in some very nice patterns in the finish.

We then shot the entire cabinets in black dye and sanded it off, leaving black in the softest parts of the wood.  A final topcoat of high gloss was then rubbed out to a mirror-like finish.

We hate to see these go, but we have to part with all of our speakers from time to time just to keep things "new."

Here are some pictures...

And a close-up...

When we produce demo speakers, we normally pull out all the stops.  The maple burl and hand-rubbing adds $2700 to the cost of these speakers.  But when we sell our demo speakers, we throw in the add-ons for free. 

It would cost $15,695 to build these today.  But they are available now for $12,995. 

- Jim
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2018, 05:23 pm by jsalk »

vintagebob

Re: Exotica 3's in double-dye burled maple
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2018, 11:29 pm »
Amazing!

Very nice Jim...

DEP14

« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2018, 11:12 pm »
Saw these in person the other day.  Absolutely stunning, very classy looking speaker.

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
« Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2018, 11:37 pm »
Finish looks beautiful on my computer monitor, I can only imagine what it looks like in person. It inspires me to continue progressing towards getting my new speakers commissioned.