For Sale: Musica Bella Purity Extreme - Dual Mono Balanced Preamp - RMAF piece

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
A while back we mentioned that one of the Purity Extreme preamps used at RMAF 08 would be available at some time......well the time is here.

Musica Bella Purity Extreme Dual Mono Balanced preamp. This is the show piece from RMAF 08 as seen in my avatar as well as pictured below. Qulited Maple front with Bubinga Chassis. Fully balanced with one set XLR inputs and outputs. DACT stepped attenuator. Non-remote version.
  Regular price - $7,999 - Special Price $5,999  Selling price on this piece $4,895

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
A while back we mentioned that one of the Purity Extreme preamps used at RMAF 08 would be available at some time......well the time is here.

Musica Bella Purity Extreme Dual Mono Balanced preamp. This is the show piece from RMAF 08 as seen in my avatar as well as pictured below. Qulited Maple front with Bubinga Chassis. Fully balanced with one set XLR inputs and outputs. DACT stepped attenuator. Non-remote version.
  Regular price - $7,999 - Special Price $5,999  Selling price on this piece $4,895

Bill,

I searched for the most recent thread mentioning the Purity Preamp, and this is the one I found.  Is there a thread with AC customer reviews?  The thought is pairing Purity with the DAC4800A or Cherry amplifier since our customers like tube preamps such as VAC, Audio Research, and Red Wine.  However, I noticed that your Perfetto Preamp has balanced (XLR) input/output, but the Purity L/P doesn't.  Balanced is preferred, so the new Purity Extreme Preamp may be a good match.  Are any of your customers driving a DAC4800A or Cherry Amp that you know of?  Thanks, and hope business is good.

Tommy O
Digital Amp Co.

Big Red Machine

My Purity with single ended outputs matched very well with the Wyred amps.  Almost apples to apples being a Class "D" design.  The Purity's are the real deal.  I almost went Dodd but the Purity is a step up in clarity and we all know the Dodd is no slouch.  Can't imagine how nice this fully balanced beast must be.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
My Purity with single ended outputs matched very well with the Wyred amps.  Almost apples to apples being a Class "D" design.  The Purity's are the real deal.  I almost went Dodd but the Purity is a step up in clarity and we all know the Dodd is no slouch.  Can't imagine how nice this fully balanced beast must be.

FYI, the DAC4800A and Cherry are based on proprietary technology, not based on a pre-made module from some other company.  We are definitely interested in the balanced version of Purity!  Thanks for your post.
-Tommy

Big Red Machine

That's why I said: "D"
Because the Wyreds have done a great job of taking that module to another level and you aren't even using it.  Either way it was shorthand.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
That's why I said: "D"
Because the Wyreds have done a great job of taking that module to another level and you aren't even using it.  Either way it was shorthand.

No biggie.  It's all good.  Glad that you like your Purity Pre!

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Hello tommy,
 The Purity Extreme is in it's final stages of chassis design. We only had a few available in the wood chassis as seen throughout the AC threads. The Purity L/P is fairly new and none have the balanced outputs incorporated into them. I am currently running two EXtremes (both with balanced inputs and output) and one Purity L/P (single ended) in the showrrom with the main "big system" now using the L/P as this system is also our video system and the Extremes I have on hand do not have HT Bypass. I will be installing HT bypass in the one Extreme I will be keeping.

To my knowledge, none of the current Purity owners are pairing it up with one of the DAC amplifiers. I too would be very interested in the pairing of these two products :drool:
« Last Edit: 8 Mar 2009, 02:13 am by Response Audio »

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
Hello tommy,
 The Purity Extreme is in it's final stages of chassis design. We only had a few available in the wood chassis as seen throughout the AC threads. The Purity L/P is fairly new and none have the balanced outputs incorporated into them. I am currently running two EXtremes (both with balanced inputs and output) and one Purity L/P (single ended) in the showrrom with the main "big system" now using the L/P as this system is also our video system and the Extremes I have on hand do not have HT Bypass. I will be installing HT bypass in the one Extreme I will be keeping.

To my knowledge, none of the current Purity owners are pairing it up with one of the DAC amplifiers. I too would be very interested in the pairing of these two products :drool:

Bill,
Thanks for your reply.  What is the output impedance of the Purity Extreme?  Your chassis designs are really beautiful, by the way!
BR,
Tommy O

jgb0194

Tommy,

I recently received back my Custom Audio Note Kits L3 from Bill with among many upgrades, the addtion of balanced inputs and a second set of balanced outputs.

My 2 box unit incorporates many of the design features of Bill's Perfetto, but does differ somewhat.

What I can tell you is that, in a fully balanced system (dCS Scarlatti DAC upstream and Atma-Sphere MA-1s downstream), Bill's balanced design upgraded preamp is the centerpiece of my system, making beautiful music.

I agree with you that the wood cabinetry of Bill's own line puts the look of my Audio Note to shame. Fortunately, my 2 channel system is in a dark home theater "man cave"!