Mish mash of parts and GR's A/V-0 Box design = amazing sound

skeeter99

Re: Mish mash of parts and GR's A/V-0 Box design = amazing sound
« Reply #40 on: 9 Feb 2011, 09:32 pm »
I'll attest to that! They are fantastic as surrounds! Makes me wanna build a pair  :thumb:  Watched some movies at his place last night and they were spooky good!!

mojave

« Reply #41 on: 9 Feb 2011, 11:08 pm »
Do you have them pulled away from the wall for surrounds? When I get my LS-6's built I might use my X-Omni's for surrounds. However, they would have to be up against a wall to work in my living room. Currently I am using ELT525's (2 pairs) for surrounds with my X-Omni's as mains.

I do have more LS-6 cabinets and hope to eventually have LS-6 surrounds. However, space and finances won't let me build them out yet.

Beatcoaster

« Reply #42 on: 9 Feb 2011, 11:24 pm »
They are crammed in the corners of a 13x15' room and still sound great - they sound better when pulled back, but I don't have that option as well, and I was delightfully surprised.

skeeter99

« Reply #43 on: 9 Feb 2011, 11:37 pm »
At one point in a demo clip we were watching there was glasses rattling around on the right surround channel. I turned my head to see if glasses were actually rattling/falling because they sounded so real! Like I said, spooky good  :thumb:

Beatcoaster

« Reply #44 on: 10 Feb 2011, 06:18 am »
haha - and if they can get "Mr. Imaging is Everything" to turn his head thinking something is falling in the kitchen, something must be right - :)

skeeter99

« Reply #45 on: 10 Feb 2011, 02:56 pm »
haha - and if they can get "Mr. Imaging is Everything" to turn his head thinking something is falling in the kitchen, something must be right - :)

Hey, you're not supposed to quote me! LOL! For me, its all about good imaging and proper placement. A good test for these guys would be on the Melody, see if it tames the highs a little bit  :dunno:  I think we may need to build a set for my side surrounds though :D

Rclark

« Reply #46 on: 12 Feb 2011, 05:44 pm »
Aww...it's bummer I missed that. I'm just over in Lynnwood.

Me too I'm just down in Redmond

skeeter99

« Reply #47 on: 13 Feb 2011, 12:46 am »
Me too I'm just down in Redmond

I'm down for another session, its up to Mike as its his house. I keep pushing out the date I'm sending these amps back to Hugh :) I'm having one tomorrow at my place around 2:00 to listen to the two Melody amps (MK88 and AN300B) and the Trinity. Of course, that isn't listening to the LS6's or the Franken-Omni's on the Melody though.

Beatcoaster

« Reply #48 on: 16 Feb 2011, 09:00 pm »
I'd be down for another session - not sure what my weekend is shaping up to be, but it looks pretty open for now...Not sure if the MK88 went back yet or not.

skeeter99

« Reply #49 on: 16 Feb 2011, 09:21 pm »
I'd be down for another session - not sure what my weekend is shaping up to be, but it looks pretty open for now...Not sure if the MK88 went back yet or not.

It hasn't gone home yet, still in my home. I'm having a couple people over tomorrow evening to listen to the MX88 and AN300B on the Trinity L/R. I was listening last night, its nice  :thumb: You're welcome to come join in the fun!

freerider

« Reply #50 on: 16 Feb 2011, 10:33 pm »
I'm looking forward to tomorrow's demo session!  What kind of playback equipment will there be?  Or rather, if I wanted to bring source material, what is the best format?  (USB stick, CD, Ipod, HD, etc.)

Mostly FLAC, of course, with some scattered 320kbps files.

skeeter99

« Reply #51 on: 16 Feb 2011, 10:57 pm »
I'm looking forward to tomorrow's demo session!  What kind of playback equipment will there be?  Or rather, if I wanted to bring source material, what is the best format?  (USB stick, CD, Ipod, HD, etc.)

Mostly FLAC, of course, with some scattered 320kbps files.

I've got an Oppo 83SE which plays pretty much everything, USB also I think ... Should be fun!! I was listening last night, watching the tubeys all aglow :D

Moore66982

« Reply #52 on: 30 Dec 2019, 11:12 pm »
Maybe its just me, why are the photobucket images blurry?  Cant see anything..

Craig

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #53 on: 1 Jan 2020, 05:39 pm »
Maybe its just me, why are the photobucket images blurry?  Cant see anything..

Craig

They’re forcing you to go to their website.