AV123 Auction talk

Beatcoaster

AV123 Auction talk
« on: 31 Aug 2010, 03:47 pm »
Now that it is over, who got what and wants to start selling some things off? 

Who was "Yepitsme"?  That guy outbid me on a few things I truly wanted, but just couldn't stomach the price he was taking them to - bah!!  I truly wish Dickensheet would not have lumped 80 LS crossovers together cause that just ruined it for all of us that wanted to build our own/bid on the cabinets/etc.  "Yepitsme" now has a monopoly on the one item we all could have used.  Oh well, I still have my moho ls-6's that I got from AV123 for $2500 so I guess I can't be too greedy and say I "need" another pair.  To those that are building your own, you will love the sound, and with the price you got those cabinets at and the price of Danny's kit, you really can't get a better deal!

I did get an ampless moho mfw, some x-omni xovers, ref1 xovers, (30) x series tweeters, and (2)ulw 10's for some projects I will get started this winter - fun auction all around!!

Danny(if you read this), I want to use the tweeters, and the x-omni xovers to make my own x-omni style surrounds - any idea what woofer was used with these/would work best?  Thanks!

freerider

Re: AV123 Auction talk
« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2010, 03:52 pm »
Yepitsme is Danny.  Lots of talk in this thread about the auction and the results:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=85298.0

kcxj

« Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2010, 04:01 pm »
Is there any way to find out if the lots I won are already packaged or not? You'd think Dickensheet would know, but they don't. Justin will be down there later today and quoted me a decent price if they're already packaged, but outrageous price if they have to pack them. I would need an email authorization for him to pick up my items, but he doesn't have a smartphone. Can't get the high sales tax removed either. Basically seems like I might get screwed by AV123 even after they closed =(

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2010, 04:03 pm »
Yep it's me.  :green:

What ever you wanted, let me know and I will take care of you.

I was really the only one that could really do anything with all of those crossovers. Half of the people out there want them upgraded anyway. I will off the kits with those crossover at a reduced price.

I also have thousands of drivers, crossover parts, and stuff coming from Cali (Santiago) that will allow me to really blow out X series kits at REALLY low prices. See my thread about blowing everything else away.

I can even sell you kits minus tweeters.

Beatcoaster

« Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2010, 04:21 pm »
I figured it was you or someone else in the speaker building business!  I was just annoyed because for so long it looked like it was only 1 crossover assembly so I wanted it for a backp in case one of mine failed - but then I saw a $500 tag and "approx 80" and said "crap" - hehe!

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #5 on: 8 Sep 2010, 05:43 pm »
Dang, the guy who bought the Atohm drivers is on ebay selling them for $150 each. I wanted one as a back-up for my Ref 3s, but not at that price. Of course, he only got a $1.25 bid, so maybe he'll come around.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #6 on: 8 Sep 2010, 06:28 pm »
G,

We'll take care of you whenever you'll need Ref drivers.

So not waste your money.

I could have bought everything from the auction but I didn't.

On another note, I really don't like people who's trying to make money from others who are in need. :)
Dang, the guy who bought the Atohm drivers is on ebay selling them for $150 each. I wanted one as a back-up for my Ref 3s, but not at that price. Of course, he only got a $1.25 bid, so maybe he'll come around.

jn316

« Reply #7 on: 8 Sep 2010, 06:34 pm »
I hesitate to bring this up, but be careful buying some of the drivers that were sold. I bought the RS450 and RSC200 drivers for spares and several have some damage. Also, all three of my RSC200 drivers look different suggesting that they may have been experimental drivers.

With that being said, some drivers sold were brand spanking new and still in the wrapper (the UFW-12 drivers come to mind). If I were buying any drivers that came from the auction, I'd ask for detailed pics at a minimum, however.

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #8 on: 8 Sep 2010, 06:42 pm »
Thanks Hugh, that's good to know.  :thumb:

G,

We'll take care of you whenever you'll need Ref drivers.

So not waste your money.

I could have bought everything from the auction but I didn't.

On another note, I really don't like people who's trying to make money from others who are in need. :)

Beatcoaster

« Reply #9 on: 8 Sep 2010, 07:44 pm »
*cough* *choke*  I just got my $412 shipping quote for the Ref 1 crossovers, X-omni crossovers, X series tweeters, ULW-10's and MFW-15 that I won from the auction *gasp*.........so it looks like I will have a few items up for sale to try and come even remotely close to reducing that cost - ugh...who wants some ref-1 crossovers for $40 a pop?!? I should have it all on my doorstep in a week, ugh.... 

freerider

« Reply #10 on: 8 Sep 2010, 09:46 pm »
Yikes!  :( 

I got my 15 LS woofers shipped for $111.  I thought that was a decent price, considering I didn't have to pick them up.

Beatcoaster

« Reply #11 on: 8 Sep 2010, 10:01 pm »
Ya, I thought I would have been in the $250 range tops, but I guess I was way off - no wonder some people started flipping out with Justin's shipping prices and asking others to pick up their stuff....sheesh.

vfreeman13

« Reply #12 on: 9 Sep 2010, 01:09 am »
Does anyone know who won the port tubes?  I need 8 of those.

I've got 1 cab with half tubes.

Danny Richie

« Reply #13 on: 9 Sep 2010, 02:25 am »
Does anyone know who won the port tubes?  I need 8 of those.

I've got 1 cab with half tubes.

I stock all of those ports of coarse.
« Last Edit: 11 Sep 2010, 02:52 pm by Danny »

freerider

« Reply #14 on: 11 Sep 2010, 06:54 pm »
What is the best way to install the port tubes?  Is there a preferred glue?

Danny Richie

« Reply #15 on: 11 Sep 2010, 09:22 pm »
Use ABS plastic cement on the port tube, and flares.

1) Install one locking ring on one of the flared ends.
2) Install the outer flare into the cabinet. Clear Silicone works best.
3) Then install your No Rez.
4) install your poly fill or fiberglass insolation.
5) Install the port tube to the rear flare.
6) Add insolation or fiberglass around the port tube.
7) Install a locking ring onto the inner flare.
7) Install inner flare onto the port tube.

Beatcoaster

« Reply #16 on: 15 Sep 2010, 11:10 pm »
Got my stuff finally - question of the day - did they do $412 worth of packing/shipping?  Answer - ya right!!  The x-series tweeters that weren't already new and protected from teh factory were stuffed in a box and had all their domes crushed in! Thankfully a little vacuum allowed me to pull them out again.  This box looked like an original from China as well.  The ref-1 and x-omni crossovers were bubble wrapped nicely and place in a newer looking box, but it too was a old rocket bases box. The ulw-10's were in there stock China box, wrapped up from the factory.  The mfw-15 had no driver even though the listing stated it did but looks almost A stock and was in it's av123 box.  So what packaging did they do for $412 - damn good question - a little bubble wrap, pallet, and some strapping must sure cost a lot!!  Who wants a couple awesome sounding Ref-1 crossovers for $80 so I can live with myself on this purchase?!  I got 15 brand new x-series tweeters for sale as well - hehe!! :)

johnzm

« Reply #17 on: 15 Sep 2010, 11:17 pm »
i think theres more than 1 of us trying to "Deal" with this purchase :lol:

seems av123 got the last laugh huh :duh:

Beatcoaster

« Reply #18 on: 15 Sep 2010, 11:23 pm »
I couldn't agree more John! - pretty bummed about the whole thing honestly.

freerider

« Reply #19 on: 16 Sep 2010, 04:19 pm »
If it's any consolation, you're not alone.  10 of my 15 LS woofers were damaged due to packing as well.  The shipping company submitted a claim, so I'm expecting compensation for my losses.  I had it insured up to the retail price of 16 woofers, so...

I was very disappointed as well, considering the $115 I spent on shipping.  If the claim doesn't process properly, I just flushed $200 or more down the drain.

Shipper was apologetic, and promptly filed my claim, so hopefully, this will have a happy ending.