Klipsch Gate vs Paradigm PW Link vs ??

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
Klipsch Gate vs Paradigm PW Link vs ??
« on: 11 Sep 2020, 04:48 pm »
I am currently using a Klipsch Gate to stream music to my 2 channel audio system and it’s working well (I don’t do a lot of critical listening and listen mostly to a little bit of everything via amazon Prime in critical listening mode). The other day I stumbled onto a review of the Paradigm PW Link which seemed similar to the Gate but appears to offer a room correction feature that people seemed to like.  Diving deeper into the matrix I read about the Bluenote Node 2i which gets good reviews, but is considerably more expensive (relatively speaking).

This got me wondering if I’m missing much with the Gate/Amazon Prime and if I should upgrade to another option.  Or maybe the gate is fine and I just need to upgrade to a better music streaming service?  For the hardware I’d probably limit cost to $1k but my wallet would be happier around half that or lower.

Your thoughts on the matter are appreciated.

pinkfloyd4ever

Re: Klipsch Gate vs Paradigm PW Link vs ??
« Reply #1 on: 12 Sep 2020, 06:07 pm »
If you can afford the Node 2i, I'd go with that. I've seen them go for as low as $400 on the used market.

That is, unless you're really interested in playing with ARC. There are of course other options for adding room correction, but if you want it integrated into your streamer and you're on a budget, I think the PW Link is your only option.

RolandButcher

« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2020, 07:03 pm »
FYI, I just posted my PW-Link for sale.  Free shipping if you buy using my Facebook posting.

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2020, 03:03 pm »
Thank you both for your responses.  After looking a bit more I think I’m going to keep an eye out for a used Node 2i.  I can live without room correction and I think the 2i has the potential to offer a sonic improvement over my Gate (at least in my uneducated mind).