BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD

jwsadauskas

Re: BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1560 on: 13 Feb 2021, 05:21 pm »
What controls the order tracks are listed in?

My files are named <track no.> <track name>, so the tracks always appear in the correct order in windows when listed alphabetically.  In album view, in some folders, the tracks appear in a different order. The track order provides a convenient, zero effort, implied playlist when the order is right.  It's inconvenient for classical pieces to have movements interleaved with other works.

alegar

« Reply #1561 on: 23 Feb 2021, 07:39 pm »
Hello, I own a BDP-1 USB and have been using it for several years.  Now I have a problem because when I put it into operation in Roon mode it works for me for a minute the BDP1 appears in Roon and after a while the BDP1 of roon disappears and it remains blocked, the buttons do not go and it does not allow access through its IP  .  Can you help me.

stereoclub

« Reply #1562 on: 24 Feb 2021, 11:26 am »
Hi,
Do you know if there is any compatibility issue between BDP-2 and DAC Matrix X Sabre Pro ?
Thank you

gbaby

« Reply #1563 on: 24 Feb 2021, 03:13 pm »
I think the only way would be to use shairport-sync with airplay.

I have tried shariport-syn. What is suppose to happen next? I still cannot get airplay through the BDP-3.

fcdvpds

« Reply #1564 on: 18 Mar 2021, 03:26 pm »
Hi everyone! I am considering the BDP-2 to replace my Cd player with an Audio Note DAC 1.1 Signature.
I don't have an ethernet connection in my listening room and wish to use the front buttons.
I see from the specs that the front screen only supports two rows of 23 characters...may I know your opinion, is the BDP-2 usable without an internet connection?

I have checked my library and some album names are quite long...I wonder how the bryston handles long names in the front screen? Are the names trimmed or it is possible to see the whole folder and file name?

Thank in advance for the help. Cheers.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1565 on: 18 Mar 2021, 03:32 pm »
Hi everyone! I am considering the BDP-2 to replace my Cd player with an Audio Note DAC 1.1 Signature.
I don't have an ethernet connection in my listening room and wish to use the front buttons.
I see from the specs that the front screen only supports two rows of 23 characters...may I know your opinion, is the BDP-2 usable without an internet connection?

I have checked my library and some album names are quite long...I wonder how the bryston handles long names in the front screen? Are the names trimmed or it is possible to see the whole folder and file name?

Thank in advance for the help. Cheers.

Hi

I would not recommend using the front display for anything other than monitoring or looking for IP address etc.

james

fcdvpds

« Reply #1566 on: 18 Mar 2021, 03:44 pm »
Hi James,

thank you for your super quick reply.
May I know if it still possible to purchase the mini wireless dongle?
Regards

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1567 on: 18 Mar 2021, 04:13 pm »
Hi James,

thank you for your super quick reply.
May I know if it still possible to purchase the mini wireless dongle?
Regards

Hi

Yes the dongle is available

james

marpe

« Reply #1568 on: 24 Apr 2021, 02:55 pm »
Hi James,
How do I get help?
My BDP-1 is stuck on sorting music into Bryston DB:6%.

I can't play music anymore...
Thanks
Peter

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1569 on: 24 Apr 2021, 04:17 pm »
Hi James,
How do I get help?
My BDP-1 is stuck on sorting music into Bryston DB:6%.

I can't play music anymore...
Thanks
Peter

OK - email Adam at atanner@bryston.com and see if he can help.

james

breitling

« Reply #1570 on: 28 Apr 2021, 10:47 pm »
I just picked up a BDP-2 and its working great but I was hoping to be able to transfer music to it from my computer over the network. I cannot see the BDP-2 on my network though but I can access the webpage  and control it. Is there something special I need to do? Thanks in advance!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1571 on: 29 Apr 2021, 12:28 pm »
I just picked up a BDP-2 and its working great but I was hoping to be able to transfer music to it from my computer over the network. I cannot see the BDP-2 on my network though but I can access the webpage  and control it. Is there something special I need to do? Thanks in advance!

HI

Please email Adam at - atanner@bryston.com

james

icw

« Reply #1573 on: 25 Jul 2021, 02:25 pm »
I have updated to firmware S.2.44 on my BDP-1, and started to get pop up messages of lost connection from time to time.  Not sure if the machine is too old to run the new firmware?  Should I downgrade the firmware to a lower version, and how?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1574 on: 25 Jul 2021, 03:17 pm »
Hi

Chris may want to add more but it is just a new feature that warns you if you loose a connection. If it resets after a second or so all is well.

james

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1575 on: 26 Jul 2021, 06:26 pm »
I have updated to firmware S.2.44 on my BDP-1, and started to get pop up messages of lost connection from time to time.  Not sure if the machine is too old to run the new firmware?  Should I downgrade the firmware to a lower version, and how?

The feedback is new, so its possible this condition was occurring without your knowledge before applying the update.  If its occurring once in a while its likely just a momentary wireless drop which is some what normal.  If its occurring consistently then there might either be a problem or you've stumbled upon a software bug that we haven't seen.

Chris

Francois_Tardif

« Reply #1576 on: 26 Jul 2021, 06:48 pm »
Hi Chris. I have the same problem with my BDP-3 when using my cellphone's web browser... and it's occurring consistently. (not occuring when using my laptop).

Francois

icw

« Reply #1577 on: 31 Jul 2021, 12:54 pm »
The feedback is new, so its possible this condition was occurring without your knowledge before applying the update.  If its occurring once in a while its likely just a momentary wireless drop which is some what normal.  If its occurring consistently then there might either be a problem or you've stumbled upon a software bug that we haven't seen.

Chris

James, Chris, thank you both.  The message is indeed momentary, and I do not notice it affect playback.

canuck5

« Reply #1578 on: 19 Nov 2021, 06:37 pm »
Having connection issues with my Bryston BDP1.  Noticed in the FAQ circle that a few others has had similar problems that I an encountering.  I get the connection than lose it.  This appear to be occurring just recently after I installed the new firmware. 
I did get the cable company to send me a new modem, replaced the ethernet cable with a new one and no change.
Did reach out to Bryston support via their web page but no response.
Did people who had issues get a resolution??

Any input would be great.

thanks

Francois_Tardif

« Reply #1579 on: 19 Nov 2021, 09:39 pm »
I still have the lost connection message. Must exit application and open it back to "resolve" the problem.

Francois