Roll Call: RMAF 2017

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Roll Call: RMAF 2017
« on: 26 Sep 2017, 12:30 pm »
After missing a couple of years, I am all set to attend this year.  I am on the prowl for a gear as well.  :eyebrows:

I am calling all Audio Circle members:  who is attending and who is showing?

P.S. Made a reservation at the Shanahan's for Sat at 7.  RSVP if you want to join me in toasting a few to the late Chairguy. 
P.S.S.  Tyson, I owe you a dinner.

Douger

Re: Roll Call: RMAF 2017
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 2017, 02:14 pm »
I would love to come but have other obligations...  I don't need any more equipment and I would be hoisting coffee  :D
Have fun!

Doug

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #2 on: 26 Sep 2017, 06:53 pm »
I'll be going :) No show reporting from me & Jason this year so I'll have time to chill/relax and enjoy the show.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 26 Sep 2017, 07:19 pm »
See you folks at the show! 

Big Red Machine

« Reply #4 on: 26 Sep 2017, 08:49 pm »
Coming in Thursday evening, leaving Sunday AM.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #5 on: 27 Sep 2017, 12:04 am »
Arrive Friday morning and leaving Monday morning.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #6 on: 27 Sep 2017, 12:20 am »
Arriving Thursday evening and leaving Sunday morning. Look forward to seeing everyone after missing last year. Last year was the only year I have missed since 2005.

Delacroix

« Reply #7 on: 27 Sep 2017, 02:50 am »
Am heading that way on the Thurs, returning Sunday. Happy to connect with fellow AC'ers present...

Patrick

THROWBACK

« Reply #8 on: 27 Sep 2017, 12:15 pm »
+1. Shall we have a carnation in our teeth or something or will our inner AC glow be enough for recognition?

vinyl_lady

« Reply #9 on: 27 Sep 2017, 02:00 pm »
+1. Shall we have a carnation in our teeth or something or will our inner AC glow be enough for recognition?
Put your screen name on your name badge.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #10 on: 27 Sep 2017, 03:05 pm »
Put your screen name on your name badge.

I will definitely do that!  :)

vinyl_lady

« Reply #11 on: 27 Sep 2017, 03:08 pm »
I will definitely do that!  :)

look forward to seeing you, Pez and "the Gang."

Duke

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.audiokinesis.com
« Reply #12 on: 27 Sep 2017, 11:49 pm »
Jim Romeyn and I will be there, Room 2014, which show director Marjorie Baumert has designated as an "Innovation Room". 

The mandate for an Innovation Room is, we're suppose to be very visitor-friendly, which includes accepting music requests as much as time and technology allow, being open to and answering all questions as best we can, and hopefully offering some educational value rather than just promoting our cool new toys.

The topic we hope to educate about is, the psychoacoustic implications of reflections in small rooms.  We'll do this largely by handing over the remote and letting listeners toggle between two different loudspeaker modes, one of which is "normal", and the other we'll call "enhanced" for now, so that this post doesn't become too wordy.  I think we'll be able to demonstrate some principles that will be applicable to small rooms in general. 

DSkip

• Industry Participant
« Reply #13 on: 28 Sep 2017, 02:18 am »
Jim Romeyn and I will be there, Room 2014, which show director Marjorie Baumert has designated as an "Innovation Room". 

The mandate for an Innovation Room is, we're suppose to be very visitor-friendly, which includes accepting music requests as much as time and technology allow, being open to and answering all questions as best we can, and hopefully offering some educational value rather than just promoting our cool new toys.

The topic we hope to educate about is, the psychoacoustic implications of reflections in small rooms.  We'll do this largely by handing over the remote and letting listeners toggle between two different loudspeaker modes, one of which is "normal", and the other we'll call "enhanced" for now, so that this post doesn't become too wordy.  I think we'll be able to demonstrate some principles that will be applicable to small rooms in general.

Awesome Duke!  I look forward to seeing you there.

I'll be there in room 7032.  AudioThesis will be representing MastersounD, North Star Design, and Rosso Fiorentino.  Lorenzo from MastersounD and Jessica from North Star Design will be flying in from Italy to help answer any questions about their gear.

Duke

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.audiokinesis.com
« Reply #14 on: 28 Sep 2017, 04:32 am »
Awesome Duke!  I look forward to seeing you there.

I'll be there in room 7032.  AudioThesis will be representing MastersounD, North Star Design, and Rosso Fiorentino.  Lorenzo from MastersounD and Jessica from North Star Design will be flying in from Italy to help answer any questions about their gear.

Thank  you Skip!  Looking forward to seeing you there and meeting Lorenzo and Jessica.  Very cool that you have company representatives flying in from Italy.

That room you're in, 7032, it's a really nice one.  The little alcove is what makes it so good - improves the sound isolation relative to the outside world, and provides a place for one of you to have a semi-private conversation with a few people while someone else runs the room.  Sometimes the voices in the alcove get too loud for the listeners, but it's even worse in a "normal" room where you have no alcove. 

mgalusha

« Reply #15 on: 29 Sep 2017, 06:34 pm »
I will be there. Looking forward to seeing everyone. :)

I volunteer every year, this time I'll be manning the $1,500 room on Sunday morning. Stop by and say hi. 

willsw

• Industry Participant
« Reply #16 on: 29 Sep 2017, 11:57 pm »
We joined late, but with a room we're happy to be part of. We'll be in room 1002 with Fern & Roby on the turntable and phono, our preamp and amp, and DeVore Fidelity Orangutans. Black Cat cables, I believe, will be cabling. We're bringing a ZOTL40 and a ZOTL10; we'll see which sounds better.

We won't be at the CanJam, but you might catch an MZ2 at the ZMF or MrSpeakers tables, depending on whether they have room for it.

Wayne1

« Reply #17 on: 30 Sep 2017, 02:49 pm »
I will try to stop by on Sunday, when all the systems have been tuned in.  :wink:

Once again, RMAF takes place the same time as the Great American Beer Festival.

I will be busy with various events during the week, but if any of you have the time, try to stop by Station 26 Brewing Co on your way in or out of town.

If any of you might be interested in heading out for some beers, here is a list of what is going on in Denver that week.

Great American Beer Festival events

modwright

• Industry Contributor
    • ModWright Instruments
« Reply #18 on: 30 Sep 2017, 05:34 pm »
ModWright will be there! 

Stop by the Iris room to see Daedalus' new Massive Creations driven by four A30 Tube Mono Amps!

Also showing with Skogrand/Daedalus. 150SE driving Daedalus with Ambrose One balanced preamp and UDP-205.

Also showing with Studio Electric - see the new HA300 300B Integrated/HP amp!

Also in Atrium showing Tryst Headphone amps and HA300 300B HP amp/ Integrated.

Looking forward to the show!

Dan Wright

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #19 on: 2 Oct 2017, 10:39 pm »
I'm on the same schedule you are on Woodsyi.  Haven't been for a few years.  Looking forward to seeing the crew and wandering the show instead of having to watch a room all weekend.