Emerald Physics Premiers New CS3 at AKFest this week

Clayton Shaw

Hello Everyone,

Emerald Physics will release our new CS3 Passive Dipole Loudspeaker this Saturday, May 02 at the AudioKarma show in Detroit. The CS3 represents the next generation in our thinking on loudspeaker design. The CS3 takes a big leap forward in realism and almost completely disappears leaving only the soundstage with accurate instrument placement and tonality.

The CS3 is a passive, 2-Way, Point Source design utilizing a high efficiency 12" Professional Coaxial driver with integrated Compression Tweeter. Equalization is provided by the included Behringer DCX2496 processor. This open-baffle design retains our Controlled Directivity Technology which minimizes room interaction for consistently great performance results in most any type of room environment.

Pricing starts at $2995 for the CS3 System with DSP controller.

If you plan to visit AKFest, you will not want to miss this event!

You can call Walter Liederman at Underwood Hifi for product details at 770-667-5633

See the CS3 at our website:
http://www.emeraldphysics.com/page13/page13.html

Thanks,
Clayton Shaw
Emerald Physics

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: Emerald Physics Premiers New CS3 at AKFest this week
« Reply #1 on: 30 Apr 2009, 12:30 pm »
Here is a picture of the CS3 with a cherry baffle:

For those of you who didn't or couldn't actively bi-amp the CS2's, this is a great opportunity to get the Emerald Physics sound and still use your favorite stereo amp or mono blocks.

Good luck at the show Clayton.

George

BradJudy

« Reply #2 on: 30 Apr 2009, 02:05 pm »
Looks cool, I enjoyed hearing the CS2 on the couple of occasions I had the opportunity.  Perhaps Walter will host a gathering someday to show off his wares. 

George, are you sure that's cherry?  The grain pattern looks much more like oak. 

TomS

« Reply #3 on: 30 Apr 2009, 02:18 pm »
Congrats Clayton on the new speakers!  These should be really interesting to hear with the switch to passive 2-way coax drivers.  Wish I could make it to AKFest this year, but too many conflicts again  :(

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #4 on: 30 Apr 2009, 02:27 pm »
Looks cool, I enjoyed hearing the CS2 on the couple of occasions I had the opportunity.  Perhaps Walter will host a gathering someday to show off his wares. 

George, are you sure that's cherry?  The grain pattern looks much more like oak. 

Mahogany, Cherry, and Maple as the only wood options listed on the Emerald Physics website, so I assumed that it is Cherry in the picture as it definitely isn't Mahogany or Maple.

George

rockadanny

« Reply #5 on: 30 Apr 2009, 05:15 pm »
I've asked Walter in the past to give a small, advertised demo, this was for the CS2s. He was completely NOT interested in doing that. And it sounded like he wouldn't consider it in the future.