Shipping to Scandinavia?

spaceape

Shipping to Scandinavia?
« on: 6 Mar 2011, 12:19 pm »
Hi all  :)

I want to ask if anyone had any experience with shipping and Customs/VAT prices wenn shipping from the US and to Denmark/Norway/Sweden? Im getting the salk songtower and songcenter so that's at least 125 pounds/57 kilo.

Because sometimes the customs here in denmark charge the moms/vat of this country and thats 25%. So a little nervous  :D

Anyone?

charmerci

Re: Shipping to Scandinavia?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Mar 2011, 05:14 am »
I had a box of my OWN stuff shipped from the States to France. I told my brother to value it at zero dollars. He put the value at $150 on the US Post Office paper. I couldn't get my box until I paid the 20% VAT.

It's not looking good for you. Maybe you could have Jim place a lower value on the speakers when they are shipped.

spaceape

« Reply #2 on: 7 Mar 2011, 07:01 pm »
Yes I don't think it's a good idea to order from here anyway. Should have thought of this before i ordered  :duh:

I wrote an email to Jim. haven't heard from him yet though.

Im only a couple of days into my order so im hoping that he allows me to cancel.

jsalk

« Reply #3 on: 7 Mar 2011, 10:13 pm »
You should have a response in your email box now.  It will be no problem.

- Jim

spaceape

« Reply #4 on: 7 Mar 2011, 10:56 pm »
Yes thank you I got your mail. And I would just like to say That Jim is a super guy :thumb: No fault of  his that my
country has all these strange fees and rules.

Also I got lots of good advice and great service all the way through. So again A+  :D

Tom.  :)

charmerci

« Reply #5 on: 8 Mar 2011, 07:25 pm »
Yes I don't think it's a good idea to order from here anyway. Should have thought of this before i ordered  :duh:

Well, you're still paying 25% tax on any speaker you're buying there....

spaceape

« Reply #6 on: 8 Mar 2011, 11:28 pm »
Well, you're still paying 25% tax on any speaker you're buying there....
Yes 12% customs, 25% vat and shipping costs making it a very expensive thing to get anything from outside the eu.

If you're talking about buying here in denmark..Yes i guess you are right about that mate.  :)