KLAUS'S WARRANTY & the X-TREME SE

bunky

Re: KLAUS'S WARRANTY & the X-TREME SE
« Reply #20 on: 16 May 2007, 11:15 pm »
ok what does it cost to upgrade from mono's to X's and mono's to S.E.'s.   is it really that different between the two??
yes there is a difference,how much would depend on the rest of your system. if you have a high resolution system as in Preamplifier,Source and loudspeakers it is a very worthwhile modification. Call Klaus and he will give you his honest opinion based on the gear that you have and he can tell you how much it would cost. thanks....WCW III

mclsound

« Reply #21 on: 17 May 2007, 12:09 am »
i like to get on hands,personal experiences,not all systems are equal,although i may run into someone with a very simular setup.also i dont like to bother Klaus everytime i have a question!!he is working on my amps,the web???,and other orders.does anyone have any dollar values on their upgrades?

lazydays

« Reply #22 on: 17 May 2007, 11:50 pm »
i like to get on hands,personal experiences,not all systems are equal,although i may run into someone with a very simular setup.also i dont like to bother Klaus everytime i have a question!!he is working on my amps,the web???,and other orders.does anyone have any dollar values on their upgrades?

well what do you want to know? I've had four tubed preamps and two solid state preamps in front of my SE's. Been thru several different CD players, and a couple turntables. Two tubed phono stages and one solid state phono stage. All thru the same set of speakers (meadowlark kestrel hotrods). These amps really perform well in front of tube friendly speakers.
gary

mclsound

« Reply #23 on: 18 May 2007, 11:53 am »
hi Gary,tube friendly speakers?i take it that it depends on your ears..or are speakers actually built like that?(never heard of)solid state,well i inquired about a Tempest on Agon(inquired only),and have actually purchased a Anthem AVM-30 a mnth ago(not here yet,needs repaired?)and my cousin has a Mod 9(havent heard yet)and of course i am using a Pioneer Elite 84 reciever.(easy for my wife!)   HT to 2ch is what i am building,i also own(purchased new for my P.A.)an Ashly GQX3102(STEREO 31 band EQ)and an AshleyXR2001 X-OVER BUTi still need to research pre-amps?all opinions are absolutely wanted!!