Show me your pride and joy -- your turntables!

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: Show me your pride and joy -- your turntables!
« Reply #120 on: 26 Sep 2019, 10:19 pm »

Sony ps 8750
Very nice.  That's a turntable that's not seen much in the U.S.  Do you have the original mat?  It was quite innovative as well, having an oil layer under the surface.

trackball02

« Reply #121 on: 27 Sep 2019, 01:29 am »

Dual 1229 with Grado Reference Master  cartridge

ebk231

« Reply #122 on: 27 Sep 2019, 12:17 pm »
Very nice.  That's a turntable that's not seen much in the U.S.  Do you have the original mat?  It was quite innovative as well, having an oil layer under the surface.

Thank you very much. I actually own 2 of them I got both in non-working condition. I have restored both to full function and they are a pleasure to use. They both have original tools for the vta and original 45 adapters. I only have one extra weight and I do have one original mat, but it is seeping  :cry:

GregC

« Reply #123 on: 28 Sep 2019, 08:37 pm »
Okay, I will play but please do not judge me for the lack of dusting.  Piano black is a major pain.

Origin Live Sovereign Deck, Origin Live Conqueror Mk 2 arm with upgraded Silver hybrid wiring, DC-300 motor, Ultra Controller, and upgraded Origin Live transformer. Rosinante Dark Matter base. ZYX Universe 2 cartridge. Tribute custom made MC Step Up. Modwright PH 9.0 SE phono stage with NOS Siemens E88CC tubes.  Triode Wire Labs cables.
« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2019, 03:39 am by GregC »

borism

« Reply #124 on: 28 Sep 2019, 09:33 pm »
Vinyl Nirvana restored Thorens 160 super with Jelco 750d and Soundsmith Carmen II

bacobits1

« Reply #125 on: 28 Sep 2019, 10:42 pm »

Clearaudio Emotion SE Ceramic Mag Bearing, Satsify Carbon Tone arm, Phoenix Falcon Power Supply
Shelter 501 MKII Cartridge.

kbuzz3

« Reply #126 on: 27 Nov 2019, 08:53 pm »
Well ...broke out my table after two years of storage....a bit noisy and really needs a tune up but nice to spin for a change....vintage empire 598...with sound smith cartridge:

Maybe ill get the old dual 1019 out this weekend to compare

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #127 on: 27 Nov 2019, 10:15 pm »
Acoustic Signature Triple X. Hana SL PatheWings Panzerwood weight.
My Forever Table ❤️

SET Man

« Reply #128 on: 25 Dec 2019, 04:19 am »
Hey!

1917 Recording of "Silent Night, Holy Night";, on Flickr

I see that some of you here have 78rpm playback systems, I even noticed a few early acoustical machines here. Cool!  8)  So, here's mine to join the 78rpm club.

Here's my 1902 Victor Type E Talking Machine with Victor Exhibition Reproducer. I bought this machine back in 2007. It is a beautiful machine with original brass bell horn and pretty much all original, a great survivor. Although, about a year after I got it, one of the spring broke, it was a scary experience. Luckily there are still people around the US who specialized in fixing these machines. So, I got both springs replaced and the entire mechanical parts overhauled. So, this should last me another 100 years or so. I rebuilt the reproducer myself with parts bought from phonograph store on internet. It is a fun machine, every time I cranked it up, I'm always amazed by it that is actually work at all. Well, it is fun listening to acoustically recorded Caruso belting out an aria like "La Donna E Mobile" on this machine!

And since it is a Christmas Eve tonight, here's my machine playing 10" Victor 45145-B "Silent Night, Holy Night" performed by the Trinity Choir. From info I've gather, this disc was first released in 1917. Anyway, have a Merry Christmas and a great Holiday Season everyone.

Buddy

Bemopti123

« Reply #129 on: 25 Dec 2019, 02:44 pm »
Hey!

1917 Recording of "Silent Night, Holy Night";, on Flickr

I see that some of you here have 78rpm playback systems, I even noticed a few early acoustical machines here. Cool!  8)  So, here's mine to join the 78rpm club.

Here's my 1902 Victor Type E Talking Machine with Victor Exhibition Reproducer. I bought this machine back in 2007. It is a beautiful machine with original brass bell horn and pretty much all original, a great survivor. Although, about a year after I got it, one of the spring broke, it was a scary experience. Luckily there are still people around the US who specialized in fixing these machines. So, I got both springs replaced and the entire mechanical parts overhauled. So, this should last me another 100 years or so. I rebuilt the reproducer myself with parts bought from phonograph store on internet. It is a fun machine, every time I cranked it up, I'm always amazed by it that is actually work at all. Well, it is fun listening to acoustically recorded Caruso belting out an aria like "La Donna E Mobile" on this machine!

And since it is a Christmas Eve tonight, here's my machine playing 10" Victor 45145-B "Silent Night, Holy Night" performed by the Trinity Choir. From info I've gather, this disc was first released in 1917. Anyway, have a Merry Christmas and a great Holiday Season everyone.

Buddy

I still remember this machine.  It delivers the performance unedited from such a long time ago.  With all the advance of technology, I guess modern equipment has technically edited most of this communication out with the performers.   :thumb:

vintage9594

« Reply #130 on: 25 Dec 2019, 04:49 pm »
Garrard 301 Grease Bearing and a Thorens TD-124 mkii

stlrman

« Reply #131 on: 25 Dec 2019, 06:18 pm »
Vintage , what r your speakers ?

Bemopti123

« Reply #132 on: 25 Dec 2019, 08:14 pm »
Vintage , what r your speakers ?

According to his system profile. Magico S1 M-Cast. 

@Vintage, I dig your system choices!

SET Man

« Reply #133 on: 12 Jan 2020, 02:41 am »
I still remember this machine.  It delivers the performance unedited from such a long time ago.  With all the advance of technology, I guess modern equipment has technically edited most of this communication out with the performers.   :thumb:

Hey!

Yup, with the acoustical recording I think you can say that it is the ultimate direct-to-disc. Singer and musician literally sing and play through a horn and to the cutting head on wax master. Of course it is far from great sounding, but to hear Caruso belting out opera arias from this little machine is just mesmerizing.

Anyway, I just gave it a good cleaning and oiled the wood and took these pics of the inside...

Victor Type E Talking Machine. by , on Flickr

Victor Type E Talking Machine. by , on Flickr

Old fashion craftsmanship of wood, cast iron, and brass. The original label under the machine still intact. Although, stained and faded somewhat you can still see the date on the lower left bottom dated March 1, 1902. And look like it cost  8)$30 back in 1902.

Paul, I still crank it up and play it from time to time. And I do get a kick and smile our of it every time hearing sound from this machine. It is one of my prized possession. I've always wanted one for a long time, since I was a teenager when I saw one in an antique store here in NYC, I think that store is long gone, but I still remembered it. Of course if I had money and space I would love to have a bigger machine with big smooth wooden horn

Buddy

Delta77

« Reply #134 on: 12 Jan 2020, 03:42 am »
It’s my first stab at a decent TT / phono setup..

Any recommendations on upgrades ,( arm, cables, cartridge, )

Or would it be better to just go after another brand (Kuzma, Sota, Technics)..?

Opusx7

« Reply #135 on: 19 Jan 2020, 07:19 pm »
Just beginning putting together my first system at almost 40 years old...
found a MinT technics 1200 mk2 for 500$...I think its from '81... like its never been used. sounding great
with these 30$ speakers lol :thumb:  paired it with a nakaoga mp110 cart

jtsnead

« Reply #136 on: 28 Jan 2020, 09:16 pm »

twitch54

« Reply #137 on: 28 Jan 2020, 10:28 pm »
Just beginning putting together my first system at almost 40 years old...
found a MinT technics 1200 mk2 for 500$...I think its from '81... like its never been used. sounding great
with these 30$ speakers lol :thumb:  paired it with a nakaoga mp110 cart

Congrats, better late than never !!

mreeter

« Reply #138 on: 24 Feb 2020, 08:42 pm »

VPI Classic Signature

drrsutliff

« Reply #139 on: 15 Mar 2020, 05:02 pm »

Origin Live Sovereign mk3-2 with the OL Enterprise C tonearm/Ortofon Windfeld TI and OL Illustrious mk3c toneam/Kiseki Purpleheart