BRYSTON CD PLAYER SURVEY

vonnie123

Re: BRYSTON CD PLAYER SURVEY
« Reply #360 on: 9 Jan 2015, 11:02 pm »
the BOT-1 drive should fill the gap for the Bryston faithful.  my BDP-1 is a great device, and if it craps out & I can't fix it, a new BDP would replace it. 

1ZIP

« Reply #361 on: 10 Jan 2015, 12:37 am »
Of late, you rarely see these on the secondary market and that should tell Bryston something.  I am still hoping they move the BCD-X up their list of projects.  James mentioned he hadn't given up hope but also told us their plate is full at the moment.  Maybe as some of these projects materialize the player will be revisited.

As much as many of us would like to see a BCD replacement,  it doesn't seem as if Bryston sees a compelling need to produce one.   It's to bad, the BCD was a fine player and at the price point probably exceptional.  I have no doubt that if Bryston wanted they could produce a player that exceeded the BCD.  It may be that at some point there might be something similar to  the BOT that will be able to output to a DAC like the BDA-3.  However, reading through posts that go back a couple of years I believe they considered that when designing the the BOT but elected not to include that feature.  They are certainly capable of producing such a device.   The bright side is there are some fine players/transports out there, but the performance costs.

rmurray

« Reply #362 on: 10 Jan 2015, 04:39 pm »
  Yes  it's disappointing that Bryston may pass on this new improved player  and leaving us no choice but to look to the other big names. I will keep my hope alive that things may yet change. : :eyebrows:

spinner

« Reply #363 on: 10 Jan 2015, 04:58 pm »
  This is a Shanling top tubed player..... :thumb:

mkaiser

« Reply #364 on: 10 Jan 2015, 07:17 pm »
James' first post indicates - "HI Folks,

Not a week goes by that I do not get a request from a customer about where he can get a Bryston BCD-1 CD Player and I get chewed out for discontinuing ours.  I had no choice as the drive we used was a dedicated CD Drive (as opposed to a DVD Drive) and Phillips discontinued them.

Anyway I have found a new CD drive that performs very well and wanted to get an idea from our customers as to whether you think a dedicated CD Player from Bryston is a viable product given todays computer based options.

james
"

So the thread has evolved.  I think it is great when a manufacturer is willing to take input from its customers.  While the manufacturer has the risk of its own capital and will make the decision that is best for them, it is really nice they take the time to engage different things.  Bryston is not alone in this (e.g. - http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=131428.0) and everyone should be pleased that the company thinks enough to solicit input from customers.

Based on James above quote I wouldn't be surprised if they made a new CDP later in the year. If all sorts of people have been asking him about a new CDP and based on the reaction from the people on this forum when he brought it up, then I cannot see why not.

Mark

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #365 on: 11 Jan 2015, 07:15 am »
 :thumb:

ANAXIMANDER

« Reply #366 on: 26 Jan 2015, 10:32 pm »
Hi,I have a Bryston BCD-1 Black with Remote , NO BLEMISHES.
WORKS PERFECTLY
JUST SERVICED at Bryston, came back with a clean bill of health.
in BRAND NEW SHIPPING BOX &FOAMS.
I have not touched it since it came back. STILL IN SEALED BOX.
let me know if interested.
Cheers

Marius

« Reply #367 on: 1 Feb 2015, 07:26 pm »
HI James,

I'm in the process of building a 2nd (and probably even a3rd...) system, combined with 2 overhauled and fully rebuilt Quad amps/ESL's. Beter than ever..

a cd-player/Digital Player (with ethernet for Internet radio) would be somewhat of an ideal single-source-in-1-box. Would you ever consider creating a machine like that?

Cheers,
Marius

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #368 on: 1 Feb 2015, 07:37 pm »
HI James,

I'm in the process of building a 2nd (and probably even a3rd...) system, combined with 2 overhauled and fully rebuilt Quad amps/ESL's. Beter than ever..

a cd-player/Digital Player (with ethernet for Internet radio) would be somewhat of an ideal single-source-in-1-box. Would you ever consider creating a machine like that?

Cheers,
Marius

No plans on that at this time Marius.

james

Marius

« Reply #369 on: 1 Feb 2015, 07:40 pm »
Thanks James,
too bad really. Was worth the try though ;-)
Hope your BCD-2 works out well.

Cheers,
Marius

No plans on that at this time Marius.

james

rmurray

« Reply #370 on: 6 Feb 2015, 05:53 am »
Here's a pix of that "other' brand cd player that sports the manual tray idea. Just an idea James :eyebrows:

rmurray

« Reply #371 on: 6 Feb 2015, 05:58 am »
the uploader is the shits....sorry  no pix  will try later. :scratch: :evil:

spinner

« Reply #372 on: 6 Feb 2015, 06:01 am »
 Yes, have had a lot of trouble with this too..... not always reliable

Jimmy71

« Reply #373 on: 14 Feb 2015, 04:55 pm »
HI

1/3rd size and I will start a new thread on Bryston Phono going forward.

james
Hi James what are your plans for a new phono stage? any plans for this year thinking of purchasing this year should i wait?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #374 on: 14 Feb 2015, 05:47 pm »
Hi James what are your plans for a new phono stage? any plans for this year thinking of purchasing this year should i wait?

Its a good question and I am going to start promoting our BP-1.5 MM and MC Phono stage more with the increase in Turntable sales.

I am going to introduce a MM 1/3 size Phono stage as well which will connect to the MPS-2 Power Supply.

james

Jimmy71

« Reply #375 on: 14 Feb 2015, 05:52 pm »

Its a good question and I am going to start promoting our BP-1.5 MM and MC Phono stage more with the increase in Turntable sales.

I am going to introduce a MM 1/3 size Phono stage as well which will connect to the MPS-2 Power Supply.

james
James the only way will be through the mps-2 power supply?

Jimmy71

« Reply #376 on: 14 Feb 2015, 05:53 pm »

james
James how about MC!!!!!!

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #377 on: 14 Feb 2015, 05:54 pm »

...yes, i think MC/MM and an internal power supply would be a hit :thumb:

al.

Jimmy71

« Reply #378 on: 14 Feb 2015, 06:03 pm »
[/quote
James when will this unit come out? And will it have balanced output also?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #379 on: 14 Feb 2015, 07:15 pm »

At this point yes but we will do a 1/3 matching supply going forward.

No MC in this unit as I think I will do a MC section in another matching 1/3rd size.  MC should be done using quality transformers not transistors.

The New MM and MC 1/3rd size units will be the same as what is in the current BP-1.5 Phono stage

No Balanced out as it really does not improve performance in a Phono section.

james