EAR 534 for sale - SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zkidd

EAR 534 for sale - SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: 10 Oct 2018, 04:27 am »

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For sale is a rarely seen on the used market EAR 534 amp. This amp is in very good condition, and recently returned from a complete inspection from a certified EAR tech. Nothing was wrong with it other than two resistors had to be replaced because of a faulty tube. The EAR was returned to me from the tech who installed all new JJ Electronics EL 34 tubes. I ditched those and installed all new Gold Lion KT77 tubes that have "0" hours on them. I tested the amp to make sure all the tubes lit, and the amp played and that was it. With the sale of the amp there were also be a spare NOS pair of 6AQ8 tubes to go along with the pair already in the amp. Also, this amp will take 6L6 and KT66 tubes as the amp has an auto-bias.

Robert Levi of Positive Feedback called this amp the best 50 wpc amp he has ever heard. I have to agree but I am selling because I have too many amps as it is, and I prefer to keep my tubed monoblocks as they were a gift to me from my wife so selling those would seal my fate, hence the EAR goes first.

You will notice in the photos that the relatively famous EAR tube cages are off the amp. These will be included with the amp but I had them removed for the following reason: Murphy's Law has not been repealed and that means a tube will need replacing every now and then, or perhaps the owner would like to tube roll (part of the fun of tube gear). The tube cages were screwed into small posts that were inside the amp and could only be accessed by removing the bottom plate. Then there is a PCB that has to be removed to get to the tubes. A lot of work and a good chance to damage something inside the amp. So, Tim d'P is a brilliant designer but this idea of the tubes not be readily accessible was baffling to me so again, the cages came off so access to the output tubes is so much easier.

I was using this amp with a pair of Dynaudio speakers that are an 86db efficient speaker and a 4 ohm load and I had no issues with the EAR driving those to some pretty load volume levels just in case anyone was wondering. I did try this amp with a set of Tannoy speakers that were a 92db rated speaker and there was no hum - dead quiet.

This amp is again in excellent condition but I rated it an "8" just to be on the safe side of things. The chrome on the transformer covers plus the front faceplate are excellent! The front plate in the photos is not damaged at all. The "marks" are simply reflections from the woodgrain of the table. This amp is also very heavy. Shipping can be done but please be advised that this amp weighs around 65 pounds or so. I do have a FedEx account so I get a little break when I ship. Shipping costs will be based on actual costs. Of course local pick-up is available and I am willing to drive a fair distance to deliver this to anyone in the Seattle area or say within a 100 mile radius of Seattle.

At my asking price I will cover shipping and buyer will cover PP fees . Shipping will be to the continental USA only. The amp will be triple boxed, and the tubes and cages shipped separately to insure their safety. Lastly, I ship with a signature required. I have been burned one too many times by claims of items not arriving even though the tracking number shows delivery. So again, a signature will be required. Should you wish it shipped to you without a signature, be advised that once FedEx said it was delivered to the address given to me by the buyer the responsibility for the package is now on the buyer. I hate to sound cold but too many others have tried to take advantage of me. Thanks for understanding.

Asking price is $2550.00

Thanks for looking and please feel free to email me with any questions.

« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2018, 08:48 pm by Zkidd »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: EAR 534 for sale
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2018, 04:53 am »
EAR 534 for sale
For sale is a rarely seen on the used market EAR 534 amp. This amp is in very good condition, and recently returned from a complete inspection from a certified EAR tech. Nothing was wrong with it other than two resistors had to be replaced because of a faulty tube. The EAR was returned to me from the tech who installed all new JJ Electronics EL 34 tubes. I ditched those and installed all new Gold Lion KT77 tubes that have "0" hours on them. I tested the amp to make sure all the tubes lit, and the amp played and that was it. With the sale of the amp there were also be a spare NOS pair of 6AQ8 tubes to go along with the pair already in the amp.

Robert Levi of Positive Feedback called this amp the best 50 wpc amp he has ever heard. I have to agree but I am selling because I have too many amps as it is, and I prefer to keep my tubed monoblocks as they were a gift to me from my wife so selling those would seal my fate, hence the EAR goes first.

You will notice in the photos that the relatively famous EAR tube cages are off the amp. These will be included with the amp but I had them removed for the following reason: Murphy's Law has not been repealed and that means a tube will need replacing every now and then, or perhaps the owner would like to tube roll (part of the fun of tube gear). The tube cages were screwed into small posts that were inside the amp and could only be accessed by removing the bottom plate. Then there is a PCB that has to be removed to get to the tubes. A lot of work and a good chance to damage something inside the amp. So, Tim d'P is a brilliant designer but this idea of the tubes not be readily accessible was baffling to me so again, the cages came off so access to the output tubes is so much easier.

I was using this amp with a pair of Dynaudio speakers that are an 86db efficient speaker and a 4 ohm load and I had no issues with the EAR driving those to some pretty load volume levels just in case anyone was wondering...

This amp is again in excellent condition but I rated it an "8" just to be on the safe side of things. The chrome on the transformer covers plus the front faceplate are excellent! The front plate in the photos is not damaged at all. The "marks" are simply reflections from the woodgrain of the table. This amp is also very heavy. Shipping can be done but it will be not inexpensive. I do have a FedEx account so I get a little break when I ship. Shipping costs will be based on actual costs. Of course local pick-up is available and I am willing to drive a fair distance to deliver this to anyone in the Seattle area or say within a 100 mile radius of Seattle.

Normally I eat PP fees but in this case I have to charge them simply because the fees will take off a fair amount of the monies paid to me on the sale. Shipping will be to the continental USA only. The amp will be triple boxed, and the tubes and cages shipped separately to insure their safety. Lastly, I ship with a signature required. I have been burned one too many times by claims of items not arriving even though the tracking number shows delivery. So again, a signature will be required. Should you wish it shipped to you without a signature, be advised that once FedEx said it was delivered to the address given to me by the buyer the responsibility for the package is now on the buyer. I hate to sound cold but too many others have tried to take advantage of me. Thanks for understanding.

Thanks for looking and please feel free to email me with any questions.
There is any price?

Zkidd

« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2018, 05:04 am »
Yeah, stupid me. I just added that. $2450 OBO...

Thank you. I listed it on USAM and did a "cut/paste" thing to save my fingers and I always forget that Audio Circle needs the price in the narrative...

Thanks for catching that.

Bob

Tubeburner

« Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 2018, 05:16 pm »
The pictures don't do the amp justice.  The chrome is near perfect and the sound is wonderful.  If I hadn't bought a house recently, I would be the owner. This is a steal on a pure class A $7000 amp.

RPM123

« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2018, 10:53 pm »
Retail price is $6595 to be exact.

Tubeburner

« Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2018, 11:47 pm »
Retail price is $6595 to be exact./quote

:roll:

Zkidd

« Reply #6 on: 12 Oct 2018, 04:54 am »
$6595 is a nicer way of saying "Not $6600"...

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #7 on: 12 Oct 2018, 05:38 am »
This amp was designed the famous Tim de Paravicini.
https://www.stereophile.com/interviews/1107parav/index.html

audiojem

« Reply #8 on: 12 Oct 2018, 02:55 pm »
PM Sent